News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Why I reverted

Started by SisterAgatha, November 28, 2017, 05:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on November 29, 2017, 07:24:48 AM
so from what I gather you lied in many many posts about being a catholic nun.  If you're a catholic at all my guess is you're a lukewarm catholic at best.  Maybe I summon a demon to visit you one night soon.  If you're faith is strong you will be protected.  If not, you might have quite an experience to remember.  It isn't difficult to do.  Expect it.  It will be on its way.
Hello, AngelOfDeath, I don't think we've met. I like your name.

I see you've met, SisterAgatha:snicker:
I have a felling I'm gonna like you.  :devil2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 29, 2017, 03:26:11 PM
Quote from: AngelOfDeath on November 29, 2017, 07:24:48 AM
so from what I gather you lied in many many posts about being a catholic nun.  If you're a catholic at all my guess is you're a lukewarm catholic at best.  Maybe I summon a demon to visit you one night soon.  If you're faith is strong you will be protected.  If not, you might have quite an experience to remember.  It isn't difficult to do.  Expect it.  It will be on its way.

Good luck with that demon. I have a room filled to the brim with icons,rosaries, bibles and books of saints. I doubt he/it could do anything or would even want to be there. I am under the Virgin Mary's protection!!!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

Quote from: Davin on November 29, 2017, 04:32:58 PM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 29, 2017, 03:26:11 PM
I dont get why people are so upset about my misrepresentation as a nun.
That might be because people are not upset. Not trusting what you say doesn't mean we are upset.
Sister Agatha, nobody here gives a shit that you lied. Nobody is upset. Every single poster here knew you were FULL of crap from your first few posts. It's not like you're a great actor.
What upsets me are your uninformed, naive, often rude comments. It upsets me that you don't really converse, or acknowledge an issue that people try to talk about with you. There are more things that upset me about you, but I'm wasting my time, as always.
You should try to pick just one thread and address the comments that are made to you. Engage with someone, in an honest way, to exchange thoughts and be open to considering and responding to the ideas at hand.
That would be cool.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Bad Penny II

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 28, 2017, 05:16:23 AM

It explains the how, but not the why.

You people always say that.
There is no why
but you need one
so you make one up (C)Stevil
Or in your character's case go looking for an off the shelf solution.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 30, 2017, 03:33:54 PM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 28, 2017, 05:16:23 AM

It explains the how, but not the why.

You people always say that.
There is no why
but you need one
so you make one up (C)Stevil
Or in your character's case go looking for an off the shelf solution.

I expect Stevil would have had a few choice words for SisterAgatha, especially their earlier "just as a little joke" threads. I hope he's doing well.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

SisterAgatha

One thing that also drew me back to Catholicism was the plethora of literature that the Catholic Church has churned out of the years.

Just look at the 20th century alone: G.K Chesterton, Graham Greene, Flannery O'Connor, Cormac McCarthy and Fulton Sheen were devout Catholics all.

J.R.R Tolkein the creator of the Lord of the Rings was a devout Catholic. How about them apples huh?

It's like..the Catholic spiritual writers have such a precise and fascinating view of the world and God.

I also like the idea of the Eucharist. That Jesus instead of being in heaven far away..Actually is on earth and you can receive him every sunday in the form of bread and wine

AngelOfDeath

I admire a lot of things about the RCC, mainly the old buildings and all the artwork and trinkets.