News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

That's it...

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 19, 2017, 02:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Had a good scare last night and I just may need to review my belief system.

I was lying awake like the good insomniac I am when I heard a crash coming from somewhere inside the house. I went to investigate and saw that a heavy stapler had fallen to the floor from the kitchen counter, unused staples everywhere.

:o

Now, here I am thinking what could have caused the stapler to fall? I doubt it was wind, the shutters were closed and the metal stapler is quite heavy. If it was my dog, she would have to have telekinetic  powers that I don't know about because she's paralysed and would never have been able to reach the counter. Another animal? Doubtful. There's just no way an animal large enough to move the stapler could get into my fortified stronghold.

I now believe my house is haunted. The poltergeist must have missed the memo and let Halloween pass before starting its haunting. Maybe the ghost of procrastination? I don't know. Perhaps we all get what we deserve. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Hmm, scary!

I have had a couple of things fall from apparently secure places, always flat surfaces though. Usually near the fridge freezer. I put it down to vibration. 

Be interesting to see if here are any other "occurrences"!

:mysterious:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on November 19, 2017, 02:39:53 PM
Usually near the fridge freezer.

:chin: Interesting...

The stapler was sort of close to the fridge, I'll put it where it was and see if the same thing happens again. :grin:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 19, 2017, 02:44:30 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 19, 2017, 02:39:53 PM
Usually near the fridge freezer.

:chin: Interesting...

The stapler was sort of close to the fridge, I'll put it where it was and see if the same thing happens again. :grin:

Chances of getting exactly the same combination of position, (lack of) friction etc pretty damn slim. I know that the counter on thst side drops down slightly towards the free edge, assisting the demise of the small glass ramekin involved.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on November 19, 2017, 02:51:14 PM
Chances of getting exactly the same combination of position, (lack of) friction etc pretty damn slim. I know that the counter on thst side drops down slightly towards the free edge, assisting the demise of the small glass ramekin involved.

Well Dave, it's fairly obvious your Feng Shui is off. :grin:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 19, 2017, 02:57:41 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 19, 2017, 02:51:14 PM

Well Dave, it's fairly obvious your Feng Shui is off. :grin:

Feng Sh . . .  Oh, "Shui", there was a speck on my glasses.

Or should I say "a speck on my spectacles"?

Actually it was probably my spirit level . . .

Dave

Hey! That is what you need!

A pair of spectrecles to spot the blighter!

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

From what I remember, poltergeist activity is caused by the energy of a discontented adolescent.  Do you have any of those around?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 20, 2017, 12:42:04 AM
From what I remember, poltergeist activity is caused by the energy of a discontented adolescent.  Do you have any of those around?

I'm afraid not.  :( It seems it will remain a mystery...

But why the stapler though? :notsure: I feel like there must be a message, a sign of some sort, that I must interpret. Thoughts?

No one

It was the force. Luke is not pleased by the googly eyes!

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2017, 01:23:03 AM
But why the stapler though? :notsure: I feel like there must be a message, a sign of some sort, that I must interpret. Thoughts?

Obviously something school or office related.  Both those places made me throw things.

Quote from: No one on November 20, 2017, 03:21:00 AM
It was the force. Luke is not pleased by the googly eyes!

(they're freaking me out too)   :unsure:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 19, 2017, 02:23:24 PM
Had a good scare last night and I just may need to review my belief system.

I was lying awake like the good insomniac I am when I heard a crash coming from somewhere inside the house. I went to investigate and saw that a heavy stapler had fallen to the floor from the kitchen counter, unused staples everywhere.

:o

Now, here I am thinking what could have caused the stapler to fall? I doubt it was wind, the shutters were closed and the metal stapler is quite heavy. If it was my dog, she would have to have telekinetic  powers that I don't know about because she's paralysed and would never have been able to reach the counter. Another animal? Doubtful. There's just no way an animal large enough to move the stapler could get into my fortified stronghold.

I now believe my house is haunted. The poltergeist must have missed the memo and let Halloween pass before starting its haunting. Maybe the ghost of procrastination? I don't know. Perhaps we all get what we deserve. :notsure:
Let's find out...

Are you nice to your stapler? :eyebrow:

Do you feed your stapler?
[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/QMMENez.gifv[/gifv]
Quote"...Unused staples everywhere."
Could you have overfed your stapler? :eyebrow:

Have you been taunting it? :eyebrow:

Could it be angry? :eyebrow:

Are you emotional around it? :eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I...guess I treat my stapler as any erm, normal person would.  :shifty:

I think. :notsure:

Quote from: Magdalena on November 20, 2017, 06:38:35 AM

:lol:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 20, 2017, 08:12:35 PM
I...guess I treat my stapler as any erm, normal person would.  :shifty:

I think. :notsure:

Quote from: Magdalena on November 20, 2017, 06:38:35 AM

:lol:
That's it...
The solution is simple.
I know why the stapler fell to the floor.
There is no ghost in your house.
You just need to instal one of these:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant