News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What do you think of the Kennedy Family?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 01, 2017, 02:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

If you ask me, the Kennedy family is living proof that the Catholic policy on birth control is correct.

The more kids you have, the more likely that at least one of them will grow up to be president, or somebody famous.

Sure it might be rough looking after all those rugrats when they're growing up (and it sure won't do your figure any favors!) but imagine the benefits when at least one of them grows up to be president or a famous singer/actor....or a devout and celebrated Catholic theologian!

Davin

So it's like buying a really expensive lottery ticket. Except with worse odds.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

The Brady Bunch is proof against that claim as not one of those darn kids grew up to be President...or what about those weird devout Baptists like the Duggars' who have 19 kids.

Not one President among them. Sure one of the boys admitted to molesting 5 young girls, including some of his sisters, but he's probably the only Catholic out of the bunch.

He probably would make a good priest.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bad Penny II

Catholics seem to do what they want, they let the "celibate" dudes spout their crap and get on with living modern lives which includes birth control.  The big Catholic family is no longer the norm from what I've seen and my kids did go to Catholic schools, so I'm familiar with Catholic families.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 01, 2017, 08:54:30 AM
Catholics seem to do what they want, they let the "celibate" dudes spout their crap and get on with living modern lives which includes birth control.  The big Catholic family is no longer the norm from what I've seen and my kids did go to Catholic schools, so I'm familiar with Catholic families.

It is a tragedy is it not? all those potential lives will never come into being...but that is a different topic.

Funny thing, I just realized many people on this forum may  have vivid memories of the time Kennedy ran for president.

I am of course referring to Ted Kennedy's 1980 race against Jimmy Carter for democratic nomination.

What was he like? Did he have a strong rhetorical flourish and did he exude hope and inspiration for a new generation? I hear it really did not have the magic of 1960 or of 68 but I still think it must have been a sight to see!