News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Do you believe in the HolocausT?

Started by SisterAgatha, October 09, 2017, 03:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

Apparently the Holocaust is up for debate! I never knew!

I was talking to Sister Bellarmine about this subject. Apparently there are alll manner of historians who question it, and for some reason they get tossed into prison instead of getting a fair shake.

I am new to this topic, but according to my colleague.

1. 6 million jews were not gassed by Hitler.

2. Most of the deaths occurred from disease, starvation and overwork as opposed to genoicde.

3. There are still literally thousands of holocaust survivors.

Then again..Sister Bellarmine seems to really have an axe to grind with Jews generally.

Any ideas?

Biggus Dickus

Denial of the Holocaust and anyone sympathizing or supporting Nazism and/or fascism is either abysmally ignorant, morally twisted or just plain ignorant.

I've accused you of being anti-Semitic before, and it looks like I was right,...I would also add that you fit all thee of the descriptions above and you are abysmally ignorant, morally twisted and just plain ignorant.

So take your Holocaust denial bullshit and shove it up your ass,...and fuck off for good.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 09, 2017, 03:10:52 AM

I was talking to Sister Bellarmine about this subject.

Then again..Sister Bellarmine seems to really have an axe to grind with Jews generally.

Sister Bellarmine, seriously?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Other things I don't believe in:

1) The Sky
2) The "Web"
3) Trees
D) The alphabet

Velma

Sister, for a non-cloistered nun who teaches school, your knowledge and understanding of the world at large appears to be seriously lacking.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on October 09, 2017, 08:22:55 AM
Sister, for a non-cloistered nun who teaches school, your knowledge and understanding of the world at large appears to be seriously lacking.

She's an English teacher who's unfamiliar with Ray Bradbury.  I'm calling shenanigans.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 09, 2017, 08:44:55 AM

She's an English teacher who's unfamiliar with Ray Bradbury.  I'm calling shenanigans.

Well, if she is genuinely a nun perhaps this lacking in "worldliness" is a sympton of one of the serious things that is wrong with religion.

Or she is just a very sloppy troll. To successfully maintain a lie you have to do a lot of research and think fast. This person is evidently incapable of either in my opinion.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Quote from: Dave on October 09, 2017, 08:55:18 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 09, 2017, 08:44:55 AM

Well, if she is genuinely a nun perhaps this lacking in "worldliness" is a sympton of one of the serious things that is wrong with religion.

Or she is just a very sloppy troll.
My money is on shenanigans. The persona of Sister Agatha does not ring true. Granted, I've not been a forum admin for quite some time, but she sets off my troll alarm.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

OldGit

Mine, too.

As to the holocaust, the sheer weight of evidence of all kinds is so massive that you have to be really determined to ignore it.  Just like the evidence against religion, in fact.

Davin

Well, might as well get around to this, I don't care if SisterTroll responds, I just want to point out how stupid this is:

Quote from: SisterTroll on October 09, 2017, 03:10:52 AM
No one ever said that Hitler personally committed genocide. Would have taking him a long time to kill 6 million people.

Quote from: SisterTroll2. Most of the deaths occurred from disease, starvation and overwork as opposed to genoicde.
Even if it was true that 6 million people died by disease, starvation, and overwork instead of being directly murdered, they would have been subjected to the diseases because of being imprisoned by Nazis, they would have been starved by the Nazis, and they would have been worked to death by the Nazis. So it doesn't really change anything, even if it were true.

Quote from: SisterTroll3. There are still literally thousands of holocaust survivors.
Thousands out of 6 million? Wow. It's like the black death didn't happen because there were literally thousands of survivors, right? By far, this is literally the dumbest point of all.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on October 09, 2017, 03:10:52 AM
Apparently the Holocaust is up for debate! I never knew!

I was talking to Sister Bellarmine about this subject. Apparently there are alll manner of historians who question it, and for some reason they get tossed into prison instead of getting a fair shake.

I am new to this topic, but according to my colleague.

2. Most of the deaths occurred from disease, starvation and overwork as opposed to genoicde.

3. There are still literally thousands of holocaust survivors.

Any ideas?

2 minutes after your first warning about anti-Semitic comments you post this.

Second warning 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

It seems that SisterAgatha, instead of throwing the blame on the devil or demons for her immoral acts, has conjured this 'Sister Bellarmine' to blame for what she writes here.

Tisk, tisk. Avoidance of responsibility for one's actions and words is such an ugly thing, and I've known many Christians who love to do exactly that. If the OP are your thoughts, then own them.

"Show me your friends and I'll show you who you are."

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

I think that if "Sister Bellarmine" is a creation of SisterAgatha she may be based on an actual Catholic sister by that name. If SisterAgatha created her out of whole cloth, at least choosing the name "Sister Bellarmine" shows that SisterAgatha is fairly well acquainted with Catholic history.

Cardinal Bellarmine is perhaps most well known as the cleric who oversaw the trial of Giordano Bruno as well as the early stages of Galileo's prosecution by the Roman Inquisition. In the book The Crime of Galileo there is an excellent description of Bellarmine's involvement in the case. He also had a celebrated debate of sorts with James I of England, carried out via letters and pamphlets. The Catholic church made him a saint in the 1930s.

ETA: Choosing "Sister Bellarmine" as the name of her stalking horse shows some wit, if not very much integrity.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 10, 2017, 01:28:43 AM
Cardinal Bellarmine is perhaps most well known as the cleric who oversaw the trial of Giordano Bruno as well as the early stages of Galileo's prosecution by the Roman Inquisition. In the book The Crime of Galileo there is an excellent description of Bellarmine's involvement in the case. He also had a celebrated debate of sorts with James I of England, carried out via letters and pamphlets. The Catholic church made him a saint in the 1930s.

Sounds like a monster.

QuoteChoosing "Sister Bellarmine" as the name of her stalking horse shows some wit, if not very much integrity.

Yes.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on October 09, 2017, 07:26:44 PM

2 minutes after your first warning about anti-Semitic comments you post this.

Second warning 

How many warnings do they get? I forgot.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant