News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Alternative History

Started by trustyoursources, March 15, 2017, 05:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trustyoursources

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2017, 01:28:43 AM
Urgh, I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

Its hard to accept something is wrong that you thought was true your entire life.

trustyoursources

trustyoursources

Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2017, 07:00:55 AM
Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 12:06:43 AM
Quote from: Recusant on March 15, 2017, 10:19:46 PM
What are your sources, trustyoursources, and why do you trust them?

Thats just a witty title I came up with once I decided to publish my first documentary. Hopefully there are more to come.

Answer Recusant's question please.
State your sources.

Answer is below thanks for the inquiry.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Tom62 on March 16, 2017, 07:06:59 AM

Same for me. What a load of bollocks.

HAHA i swear there are a dozen comments and the best argument an entire forum of so called "skeptics" could come up with is "WRONG!" you guys sure sound like Trump.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Gloucester on March 16, 2017, 01:45:46 PM
Quote from: No one on March 16, 2017, 01:26:20 PM
This thread is alternatively awesome.

Crap you mean?

You must be fascinated by crap you cant help but check on this thread religiously. Don't get me wrong glad you are enjoying yourself enough to spend time here (;

Tank

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:46:41 PM
Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2017, 01:16:03 AM

Thats just a witty title I came up with once I decided to publish my first documentary. Hopefully there are more to come.

It's still a legitimate question. What sources, if any, have you used to create your mockumentary? As far as I can tell it was pulled straight from your arse. Would you dispute that statement?

Ok that is a fair question it was not my arse but my brain and also google and clips mostly of youtube.
You need to be more specific please.
Links to the Youtube stuff and the stuff you found vis Google.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:49:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2017, 07:00:55 AM

Answer Recusant's question please.
State your sources.

Answer is below thanks for the inquiry.
It wasn't an inquiry, it was an instruction.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:50:59 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 16, 2017, 07:06:59 AM

Same for me. What a load of bollocks.

HAHA i swear there are a dozen comments and the best argument an entire forum of so called "skeptics" could come up with is "WRONG!" you guys sure sound like Trump.
JFK was made POTUS the same year that I joined the RAF. His part in WW2 was as the lowest rank of US naval officer, skippering a torpedo boat in the Pacific.

In this instance, at least, I will go with my memory of rather than your imagination or attempt at mock history.

Since your version seems so ridiculous ridicule rather than scepticism seems more appropriate here.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:47:36 PM

Its hard to accept something is wrong that you thought was true your entire life.

Nope, that's not the reason why.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I am reminded of the quote, "it is possible to be so open minded, your brain falls out."

Recusant

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:46:41 PM
Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2017, 01:16:03 AMWhat sources, if any, have you used to create your mockumentary? As far as I can tell it was pulled straight from your arse. Would you dispute that statement?

Ok that is a fair question it was not my arse but my brain and also google and clips mostly of youtube.

Thanks for the honest response. Translated: You came up with an imaginary narrative and put together a video to promote it. Anti-historical fiction, then.

Is your intent to observe people's reaction to a blatantly inaccurate mishmash of past events?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Lenin died in 1924, Trotsky was removed from power and expelled from the communist party in 1927. Both men didn't fight for Russia in WW-II.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on March 16, 2017, 11:34:50 PM
Lenin died in 1924, Trotsky was removed from power and expelled from the communist party in 1927. Both men didn't fight for Russia in WW-II.

Practically nothing in video is historically accurate. I'm interested in learning why our new member put it together.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

xSilverPhinx:

trustyoursources:

I just found out that erupting volcanoes are actually a nervous earth popping zits on date night.

THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Icarus

Well what the hell!  That vid is evidence of someone smoking  heavy duty weed.  A historical can of worms that is so historically inaccurate as to be an insult. 

Is this some kind of play on Kellyanne Conways' alternative realities? 

I am going to my room now. That vid spoiled my whole damned day.