News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Trump's lawyers now have their own lawyers, as the man says, "...and you need layers of lawyers when you're a liar."

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

Recusant

The civil rights policies of the Trump administration are being scrutinized: "Civil Rights Commission Will Launch Two-Year Probe of Trump Administration" | NBC

QuotePresident Trump is under many microscopes right now.

Not only did he allude through a tweet on Friday that he is the subject of an internal investigation by special counsel, but on the same day, an independent federal agency commissioned under Congress also said "grave concerns" were prompting an investigation into federal civil rights enforcement within his administration.

The United States Commission on Civil Rights, a bipartisan agency charged with advising the president and Congress on civil rights matters, unanimously approved a comprehensive two-year probe into the "degree to which current budgets and staffing levels allow civil rights offices to perform" their functions within the administration, said the agency in a statement.

The federal watchdog group became concerned about the Trump administration after several agencies announced budget and personnel cuts in departments that oversee civil rights. The "proposed cuts would result in a dangerous reduction of civil rights enforcement across the country, leaving communities of color, LGBT people, older people, people with disabilities, and other marginalized groups exposed to greater risk of discrimination," said the statement.

The commission, created under the Civil Rights Act and funded by Congress, expressed specific worry in seven agencies under the president, including the Department of Education and the Department of Justice.

The "repeated refusal" of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos to commit to enforcing federal civil rights during Congressional testimony coupled with deep budget cuts within the agency's Office of Civil Rights is "particularly troubling," the agency added in the statement.

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

QuoteWhile the commission does not have the ability to enforce the findings of its investigation, it will present the final report to Congress at the end of 2019. After that, it's up to legislators to act.

By that time the damage will be done!!!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on June 21, 2017, 02:27:12 AM
QuoteWhile the commission does not have the ability to enforce the findings of its investigation, it will present the final report to Congress at the end of 2019. After that, it's up to legislators to act.

By that time the damage will be done!!!
And even then what odds on whether the legislators will -
A. Debate the findings out of existence or at least relevancy.
B. Shelve them for an indefinite period.
C. Turn them down.

Which will come first, civil rights or more rioting?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Firebird

There was a special election in Georgia yesterday for a seat in the House of Representatives. It's a very conservative district, but the Democratic candidate was polling well, and the Democrats and other progressive organizations poured millions of dollars into the campaign, hoping to send a message that the people hate Trump and the Republicans enough to lose a seat in "friendly" territory. It was the most expensive House race ever, but the Republican candidate won easily. It was only 5% more, but a huge disappointment nonetheless. The Dems clearly have a major messaging issue if these people still choose Trump over them considering how much he's trying to hurt his own base.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Davin

The Democrats are not doing a good job at expressing how the Republicans are making things worse for everyone. They don't have to talk down to people, like some of them do, but they do have to make the message more consumable.

They could point to many bills that their opponents supported and voted for and what those bills and laws mean to the people. that would work for a lot of them.

At least that's what I think they should do.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on June 21, 2017, 05:03:33 PM
The Democrats are not doing a good job at expressing how the Republicans are making things worse for everyone. They don't have to talk down to people, like some of them do, but they do have to make the message more consumable.

They could point to many bills that their opponents supported and voted for and what those bills and laws mean to the people. that would work for a lot of them.

I think conservatives only care about what works for them personally or for their family. So individually, they want a government that bows to their every need on  a personal level.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: Arturo on June 21, 2017, 06:38:47 PM

I think conservatives only care about what works for them personally or for their family. So individually, they want a government that bows to their every need on  a personal level.
Yeah, that is why the Democrats have to show them how their representatives are hurting them personally. There was an AHCA ad I saw last night that seemed to go in the right direction by showing that under the AHCA, they will be spending more money for less service.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on June 21, 2017, 08:18:23 PM
Quote from: Arturo on June 21, 2017, 06:38:47 PM

Yeah, that is why the Democrats have to show them how their representatives are hurting them personally. There was an AHCA ad I saw last night that seemed to go in the right direction by showing that under the AHCA, they will be spending more money for less service.

I was going to say, wasn't the AHCA the one signed under Obama? But now I see...

Also is it this ad?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 24, 2017, 01:05:32 AM
Quote from: joeactor on June 20, 2017, 10:57:17 PM

I would love to see Trump diagnosed with dementia.

I could see that being true. He can't read from videos I've seen. (explains covfefe) Plus videos of him in 2003 make him seem like an okay guy. Don't even need to mention his physical health.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Looks like Trump needs to change his nappy!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey