Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Joe's Dump (my new blog ;-)
« Last Post by Arturo on Today at 10:39:45 AM »
I had some tiny stuff, and some tiny boxes, so I made some tiny art:
http://www.joesdump.com/2017/03/27/tiny-art-boxes/
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Last Post by Arturo on Today at 10:36:29 AM »
^^^you got that from something
Life as an athiest is liberating. We don't need to answer to anyone, follow anyone's rules.
Yeah, like Ted Bundy and Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot.
You've had one vacation for trolling. If you carry on like this you'll get another one.
So t's ok to point out the crimes of theists, but pointing out the crimes of atheists is prohibited.  Got it.

Ted Bundy was not athiest either. He was raised and identified as Methodist after his arrest, although he also joined the LDS for a time.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Joe's Dump (my new blog ;-)
« Last Post by Father Bruno on Today at 09:26:20 AM »
I had some tiny stuff, and some tiny boxes, so I made some tiny art:
http://www.joesdump.com/2017/03/27/tiny-art-boxes/

good idear joe!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: What are you Eating right now?
« Last Post by Father Bruno on Today at 09:12:05 AM »
i just had a bowl of cold, mixed fruit...orange and tangerine slices along with some papaya and strawberries, with a bit of honey dribbled over the top,..i fruit and honey,...it was fucking perfect, felt like i was kissing the belly of 80's Madonna.

Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Last Post by Father Bruno on Today at 09:06:19 AM »
So yesterday while on Twitter I replied to Henry Louis Gates Jr‏ about his current show running on PBS called, "Africa's Great Civilizations". It's a six part mini-series and I highly recommend it.

I'm a big fan of Henry's other show "Finding Your Roots", which is also on PBS, and is another show I highly recommend; and yes I watch a lot of PBS.

Anywho...so I tell Henry that I like his show, blah, blah, blah and all that in a tweet, and not only does his like my tweet, but he replies back to it and say's "Thank You"!

Do you know what this means? Do you know how may people might have saw his reply back to me? He has like 69K followers, many of them well respected journalists and super smart people like him.

I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at twitter every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now. 8)
Image having this family living next door to you, with at least 5 pickup trucks parked in the street, and on the lawn? Some real 'Mericans!

Politics / Re: Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald
« Last Post by Father Bruno on Today at 08:42:52 AM »
Religion / Re: Religious comedy memes etc.
« Last Post by Father Bruno on Today at 08:41:30 AM »

Religion / Re: I can't stand Trump or Christians. How do I get over this?
« Last Post by Davin on Today at 07:48:44 AM »
Life as an athiest is liberating. We don't need to answer to anyone, follow anyone's rules.
Yeah, like Ted Bundy and Adolf Hitler and Pol Pot.
Not as bad as the crusades, or God, or the kkk, or neo Nazis.
According to you, God doesn't exist, so you can't lump him in there with the historical figures you mention.

Furthermore, the deaths attributed to communists (ie, atheists) in the 20th century run into the hundreds of millions.  Another atheist, Adolf Hitler, was responsible for a war that claimed another 50 million lives.  The deaths attributed to religion in the entirety of history are tiny by comparison. 

Also, most athiests don't murder so you are naming outliers that are widley unrepresentative of who we are as a whole. Yeah some were bad, like a really small minority, like less than 1%, but most of us agree to the same set of rules that the rest of society does. We agree killing is wrong.
How many career criminals do you imagine would be Christians?  How many would be atheists?  (Hint:  Apparently, the first line of the oath taken by members of the Italian Mafia says, "There is no God")  I imagine comparing the figures would not add up to a good advertisement for atheism.
Wait. I thought Hitler was raised Catholic.  :notsure:

How many career criminals do you imagine would be Christians?
This article says that in the USA, 24% of the prison population is Catholic. Only 0.1% are atheists.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-prisoners-less-likely-to-be-atheists/
How the fuck is that possible, Dredge:eyebrow:
Yes, Hitler was quite Catholic. Not to mention all the Catholic leaders that were happy with Hitler. Very embarrassing for Catholics that many had supported Hitler and his efforts. So much so, that many, like Dredge, like to pretend that Hitler was an atheist in a pathetic attempt to rewrite history. They don't want the worst human in modern history among their ranks, but what are they to do since Hitler wasn't an atheist? They lie. Dishonesty and religion are familiar bedfellows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10