Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Well, Silver, you can be sure that all my crossable parts will be crossed for you. If mainly hoping that the fates will look kindly on you in their choice of examiners with adequate insight and foresight!

I echo those sentiments. This is a good idea - almost like our own HAF reality show. When can we install the cameras in your house?
Laid Back Lounge / Re: xSilverPhinx's Journey Towards A Master's Thread
« Last Post by Dave on Today at 01:53:37 AM »
Well, Silver, you can be sure that all my crossable parts will be crossed for you. If mainly hoping that the fates will look kindly on you in their choice of examiners with adequate insight and foresight!
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Punishing puns!
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 01:43:55 AM »
With 1 000 000 Ohmmmms you could probably resist anything!  ;D

Well, looks like it is a fsirly tolerant entity, it might be satisfied with only 950 000 Ommmms

Heheh! :grin:
Laid Back Lounge / xSilverPhinx's Journey Towards A Master's Thread
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 01:38:05 AM »
I thought I'd create a little space on the interwebs where I'd make public updates on inching my way towards getting into a Master's program ;D , and have a place to fall apart if I don't succeed. :(

The selection process occurs sometime in February/March and consists of a Specific Knowledge test, an English test and a curriculum analysis. If I get past that stage I will have to defend my project proposal to a committee who will decide whether to approve or not. It's a daunting process, and if I said it doesn't make me nervous I'd be lying. Besides that there is a small number of scholarships for the best placed candidates. Only six, I believe.

Some people say that publically exposing your goals helps in attaining them while others say the contrary. I don't have a formed opinion on that yet, we shall see. :grin:

Maybe now I'll have to learn how to effectively study. I've never developed that habit.  ::)
« Last Post by Dave on Today at 01:14:06 AM »

Well, looks like it is a fsirly tolerant entity, it might be satisfied with only 950 000 Ommmms
Science / Re: Fun Science Videos
« Last Post by Dave on Today at 12:51:38 AM »
Quantum polarized weirdness ...
I don't get it!

Perhaps the first filter sends some of the light to an alternative universe at its "blocking" angle and the middle filter brings some of that back?
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 12:50:34 AM »
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Haiku Thread
« Last Post by xSilverPhinx on Today at 12:44:09 AM »
No Icarus, but I wish I did! Hermes would certainly be better at it than I. :P
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Reasons to be cheerful!
« Last Post by Dave on Today at 12:09:10 AM »
^
Do I remember correctly that you could get oversized piston tings to do a similar job? Certainly remember people changing the rings in old cars in the early 50s - back in the dsys when we had to do de-cokes every 10 000 miles or so!!
Politics / Re: Deeper into the Trump Abyss.
« Last Post by Tom62 on September 20, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »
Hilarious!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10