News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

A bit about me...

Started by zookie, July 01, 2010, 11:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zookie

Hi everyone,

I have been a member of this forum for a few months, but never got around to introducing myself formally. So, here goes!

I am female. I'm British but living in an incredibly remote village in northern Canada (happily married to a staunchly skeptical Canadian atheist!  :bananacolor:
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence. Bertrand Russell

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione. (I am not interested in your dopey superstitions)

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! (May faulty logic

The Black Jester

It's wonderful to meet you, zookie!

Wow, two more philosophy phans in one day!

I was conversing with another person on here about phil of mind, but I'm quite obsessed with the questions of moral phil as well!

Hope you have a wonderful experience here!
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

zookie

Thanks, Jester! I hope I'm going to have fun here, as well as learn new things and (hopefully) contribute something too.

Sometimes, when I read debates on here, I am blown away by how well-researched and well-expressed people's contributions are. I'll have to go some to keep up with you guys! Talk about tireless energy for debate!

:bounce:
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence. Bertrand Russell

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione. (I am not interested in your dopey superstitions)

Tank

Hi zookie!

Welcome aboard!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

zookie

Quote from: "Tank"Hi zookie!

Welcome aboard!  :D

Thanks, Tank... Nice to be here!

Thumpalumpacus

Illegitimi non carborundum.

zookie

Hello - and thanks for the welcome, everyone!