News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Started by Court, July 24, 2006, 03:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MommaSquid

People don't change.  They just get better at hiding their true selves from the world.

Big Mac, all the cool people are going to hell.   See you there.    8)

(Sidebar:  Mac, you should really consider moving to AZ.  Open-carry gun laws.  Walk down the street with a pistol on each hip whistling a happy tune.)   :D

Big Mac

You know you are not the first person to mention this to me. A guy in the Army was bragging about it and him and guy from Virginia were trying to see who had the better open carry laws.

I might, right now I need to get my degree and then I might consider moving out of the Big Tex.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Jassman

Quote from: "MommaSquid"People don't change.  They just get better at hiding their true selves from the world.

This is something I've been thinking about for a long time. My opinion varies day to day. Some days people will hear me say "People don't change.", and then again others I think "Wow, this person has changed a lot since I last seen them." Sometimes I feel that I have changed. Mostly it's just different opinions and things but my core values remain unaffected. I'm still undecided about the whole thing (and I think I will be for some time).
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Court

Quote from: "Jassman"
Quote from: "MommaSquid"People don't change.  They just get better at hiding their true selves from the world.

This is something I've been thinking about for a long time. My opinion varies day to day. Some days people will hear me say "People don't change.", and then again others I think "Wow, this person has changed a lot since I last seen them." Sometimes I feel that I have changed. Mostly it's just different opinions and things but my core values remain unaffected. I'm still undecided about the whole thing (and I think I will be for some time).

That's something I've wondered as well. People tell me I've changed over the past couple of years, but it was the opposite of what Mommasquid said. I've just become more comfortable with showing the real me to the world. So, of course, I don't exactly see the change.
In my experience, with the few people I've known well enough to judge this, people don't change. They pretend. But, I don't claim to have the answers, and I'm still undecided as well.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Court"People tell me I've changed over the past couple of years...I've just become more comfortable with showing the real me to the world.

Becoming more comfortable with the real you isn't changing, it's simply being a more refined version who you are.  Your core values are the same, you have just settled into your own skin a little better.  Congrats!

If you're a sneaky, lying, criminal then hiding those facts from the world is simply getting better at sneaking and lying.  Again, the core values haven't changed.

Court

Quote from: "MommaSquid"
Quote from: "Court"People tell me I've changed over the past couple of years...I've just become more comfortable with showing the real me to the world.

Becoming more comfortable with the real you isn't changing, it's simply being a more refined version who you are.  Your core values are the same, you have just settled into your own skin a little better.  Congrats!
Oh, I didn't mean that I've actually changed. But you said: People don't change. They just get better at hiding their true selves from the world. I didn't change; I just got better at showing my true self to the world. :D I agree that my core values haven't changed a bit.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

MommaSquid

Maybe I should simply have said "people don't change".

Jassman

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Maybe I should simply have said "people don't change".

Nah... the first one allows for much more introspection. I've been thinking about it nonstop for the last hour, ever since I read it!
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Court

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Maybe I should simply have said "people don't change".

No, Jassman's right. I just wanted you to know I understood you. :)
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

MommaSquid

(Cartman voice)  I love you guys.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Jassman"

Hang on a minute, the point I was trying to make is these things I listed, I did in my younger (school) days.  There is NO way I could mug a person now, or attempt to kill them.  That's because something happened in my heart when Jesus showed Himself to me.    I couldn't harm another human being since then, as it would harm myself as much, if not more.  I'm sure you lot don't get my drift on this point.  I thought you were intelligent enough to know the difference.  Maybe not.  I didn't change myself.  I couldn't.

Ah, well, I'm not getting through, am I?

Does anyone at all understand?

Asmodean Prime

At least I'm being honest.  There was a time when I would have robbed you, or killed you maybe just for the money.  You look at the former things, but not the latter things.  Do you really just see the earlier things in my life, but not the change that God has brought into my life since I believed?  That is only taking half the story.

If you're going to take one point, at least take the other as well.  I come as a package, you know.

Court

Well, as I see god as your imaginary friend, I'm a bit wary of the "change." In my experience, people have the same weaknesses all their lives, no matter how their external conditions change.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

MommaSquid

Quote from: "onlyme"Does anyone at all understand?

Quote from: "onlyme"...the change that God has brought into my life since I believed?

I'm just not buying it.  I think you are hiding your true self behind god's skirt.  

I'd rather deal with the real you and not this hypocritical version of yourself.  At least I'd know what to expect.  (Of course, now that you have revealed your true self, I do know what I'm dealing with, so thank you.)

Do you think saying you're a good person makes you one?

Sing it with me, people:  

Yes, I can change, I can change
I know that I’ve been a dirty little bastard
I like to kill, I like to mate, I like to sing
But it’s okay cuz I can change

Asmodean Prime

mommasquid

I think you are very cynical to take that view.  Do you really think I would have posted that if there was no change in my life.  Have you people not read the new testament story of zaccheus, the tax collector who climbed a tree to see Jesus, and afterwards said 'if I have robbed anybody, I will pay them back forefold?'   If there is not a change, then Christianity is pointless.

I AM a different person from then.  I could NEVER  harm another person now, and sleep at night.  

If you must take the former things I said as fact, please also take the latter as fact also, otherwise, you are not doing me justice, and also not showing your own intelligence in reading the whole story.