News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 26, 2018, 10:56:27 AM

I could say that whatever they ask will be put in their final exam.  :scheming: That might motivate them to research the answer themselves! :grin:

I would think it would stop then asking questions and while that could appear good in the short term believe my when I say that presenting to an audience that just sits there and says nothing is awful!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2018, 12:04:11 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 26, 2018, 10:56:27 AM

I could say that whatever they ask will be put in their final exam.  :scheming: That might motivate them to research the answer themselves! :grin:

I would think it would stop then asking questions and while that could appear good in the short term believe my when I say that presenting to an audience that just sits there and says nothing is awful!

Yeah, I suppose you're right.

I'll just have to find another outlet for my evil teacher tendencies.  :sad sigh:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on September 26, 2018, 05:49:43 AM
I was nearly killed tonight while helping hook a bushog up to a tractor. I called to put the lift down and he dumped the clutch. My left leg was pulled under and the only thing that saved me was grabbing onto the tire to pull me out as the tractor jumped forward. If it had been in reverse I certainly wouldn't be here right now.

For the first hour afterwards I was afraid that my leg, knee, or hip had fractured but there's no serious swelling and the pain has subsided, somewhat. I can put weight on that leg, if only gingerly. Something popped, hard, both when I was being pulled under and when I was being pulled out. I landed hard on my left leg coming out.

So now, in addition to my clicking hip I seem to have a clicking knee. When I walk around I sound like a cheesy skeleton from the Evil Dead movies. Click click, click click, click click...

Woah, that's pretty scary! Be sure to get that clicking business checked out. It could be as simple as a tendon out of its groove.

Buddy

I am majorly freaking out right now. My boyfriend has been missing since last night. I can't get ahold of him and neither can his family. He told me he was going to a friend's yesterday and he just never came home. I'm seriously about to call the police but I don't know if that is overreacting.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

It's not overreacting if that sort of thing is out of character for him. I hope he comes home soon. Have you contacted his friend?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on September 26, 2018, 05:32:36 PM
It's not overreacting if that sort of thing is out of character for him. I hope he comes home soon. Have you contacted his friend?

I agree with JJ, but here you have to wait 24hours. Contacting the friend is a good idea.

Hoping he comes home soon with his tsil between his legs?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dark Lightning

Tail between legs is a fair outcome. Hope it turns out well, Buddy.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on September 26, 2018, 05:16:19 PM
I am majorly freaking out right now. My boyfriend has been missing since last night. I can't get ahold of him and neither can his family. He told me he was going to a friend's yesterday and he just never came home. I'm seriously about to call the police but I don't know if that is overreacting.
Call the friend. Call the police.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

I'm at the police station now. I've contacted his family, friends, and coworkers and nobody has seen or heard from him. It's not like him to up and vanish without telling me. I am so scared that something happened. I called the hospital but he's not there
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on September 26, 2018, 06:47:03 PM
I'm at the police station now. I've contacted his family, friends, and coworkers and nobody has seen or heard from him. It's not like him to up and vanish without telling me. I am so scared that something happened. I called the hospital but he's not there

Hope is little more effective than prayer, but I offer my hopes and thoughts to you, Buddy.

Buddy

Thanks guys. He was found safe and sound. Might not stay like that for long because I am furious right now. A simple call or text and we could have avoided this while situation.

xSilverPhinx

Whoa, that was quite a scare, Buddy!  :worried:

Dave

Same thing on my mind as for the past three dsys - anxiety/panic attacks that aren't really.

Typically I do not seem to be following the usual pattern of symptoms. I am monitoring my BP etc and those stay within my normal limits all day. There is no one thing that is "playing on my mind". There is the editing job and the half dozen workshop projects . . . All competing for time but that has been so for quite a while.

But, today, though my "vitals" were level, inclding blood oxygen, I have been trying to control the random periods of the feeling of being short of breath. I feel a bit annoyed at these times but not anxious or in panic. A paper bag has variable results, diazapam has no apparent effect - may even make it worse!

Ho, bloody, hum.

Dave

Quote from: Buddy on September 26, 2018, 08:00:37 PM
Thanks guys. He was found safe and sound. Might not stay like that for long because I am furious right now. A simple call or text and we could have avoided this while situation.

I replied to this, dunno what hsppened to it.

Give him stick, Buddy, but very glad he is  back safe(ish).

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on September 26, 2018, 08:43:40 PM
Same thing on my mind as for the past three dsys - anxiety/panic attacks that aren't really.

Typically I do not seem to be following the usual pattern of symptoms. I am monitoring my BP etc and those stay within my normal limits all day. There is no one thing that is "playing on my mind". There is the editing job and the half dozen workshop projects . . . All competing for time but that has been so for quite a while.

But, today, though my "vitals" were level, inclding blood oxygen, I have been trying to control the random periods of the feeling of being short of breath. I feel a bit annoyed at these times but not anxious or in panic. A paper bag has variable results, diazapam has no apparent effect - may even make it worse!

Ho, bloody, hum.

:notsure: Have you had other possible causes ruled out?