News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Che Guevara

Started by SisterAgatha, November 29, 2017, 03:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

What do you all think of Mr. Guevera? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Guevara#Intellectual_and_literary_interests

Hero? Villain?

My general take on him is he had strong beliefs and a very firm  and specific sense of right and wrong and a definite interest in helping the poor and disadvantaged of Latin America. But in so doing he had no problem being ruthless and merciless in obtaining those aims.

My take? an intriguing man with his heart...in a place he thought was right but too ruthless and unmerciful in his execution.

Edit: allow link to function Tank.

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 29, 2017, 03:20:46 AM
What do you all think of Mr. Guevera?
Please, Sister...He is not, Mr. Guevara.  :smileshake: He is El Comandante Che Guevara--Por favor, please, S'il vous plaît.  ::)

:dance1:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

I blame the Che tee shirt for the now ubiquitous hipster look.
Obviously if there was no Che there'd be no Che tee shirt.
Ye but there's lots of Jesus paraphernalia and it's doubtful there was THE Jesus
Shut up voice, you're not helping.
Anyway I don't approve of facial hair.
I had some one holiday, I was young, I knew it was wrong and I never did it again.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

He looked a lot like Che Guevara, drove a diesel van
Kept his gun in quiet seclusion, such a humble man
The only survivor of the National People's Gang
Panic in Detroit, I asked for an autograph
He wanted to stay home, I wish someone would phone
Panic in Detroit

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Oh wow, another thread. I bet there won't be any discussion from the OP in this one either.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on November 29, 2017, 02:03:30 PM
Oh wow, another thread. I bet there won't be any discussion from the OP in this one either.

Probably not, but we can talk about David Bowie...or maybe "Diarios de Motocicleta" or as it is known in english, "The Motorcycle Diaries". I saw the movie starring Gael Garcia Bernal, and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I have always wanted to read the book, and it is on my "To Read List".

Thinking it might be a good book to suggest for the HAF Book Club.

What do you sneering atheists think about that?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

SisterAgatha

Oh yes there will!

Its jsut I do not know much about Che and since I take it many people here lean left I thought it would be worth asking about it

Bad Penny II

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 29, 2017, 03:20:14 PM
Oh yes there will!

Its jsut I do not know much about Che and since I take it many people here lean left I thought it would be worth asking about it

What is that in reply to?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 29, 2017, 02:23:18 PM

Probably not, but we can talk about David Bowie...or maybe "Diarios de Motocicleta" or as it is known in english, "The Motorcycle Diaries". I saw the movie starring Gael Garcia Bernal, and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'd read it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on November 29, 2017, 04:33:51 PM

I'd read it.
As the top sneering atheist, here, I want to say that I already watched "Diarios de Motocicleta." --I bought it. I enjoyed it, as well. It's about a guy riding a motorcycle, unlike a guy riding a buffalo.
:foottap:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Davin on November 29, 2017, 04:33:51 PM

I'd read it.

I read it some years back, interesting road trip book.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on November 29, 2017, 05:12:25 PM
As the top sneering atheist, here, I want to say that I already watched "Diarios de Motocicleta." --I bought it. I enjoyed it, as well. It's about a guy riding a motorcycle, unlike a guy riding a buffalo.
:foottap:
What is better than a guy riding around on a buffalo?

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on November 29, 2017, 06:31:37 PM
Wait...

I'm thinking....I'm thinking...

Magdalena

Quote from: Magdalena on November 29, 2017, 07:30:42 PM
Quote from: Davin on November 29, 2017, 06:31:37 PM
Wait...

I'm thinking....I'm thinking...

:pensive:

I know!
Un tango Argentino.  :smilenod:
--De la tierra que vio nacer al Comandante Che Guevara.

Por una Cabeza - Carlos Gardel

Davin

But wouldn't that be even better if they were riding buffaloes?