News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

The Food Ideas Thread

Started by jumbojak, May 19, 2019, 08:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on May 22, 2019, 01:07:42 PM
My favourite scramble eggs recipe (serves 2):

100g North Sea shrimps
4 eggs
Aleppo pepper (approx. half teaspoon)

Beat the eggs with the Aleppo (or similar medium spiced) pepper in a bowl until blended. Fry the shimps for a few minutes in a pan (medium heat).
Add the egg mixture to it and continue  cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.

Oooo I have all the ingredients at home!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

My all time favorite quick/ cheap meal is pad thai noodles soaked and pan tossed in a soy sauce, honey, and garlic chili sauce mixture. I usually eat it with either chicken breasts or tofu, whichever is cheapest at the moment.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on May 22, 2019, 04:25:47 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on May 22, 2019, 01:07:42 PM
My favourite scramble eggs recipe (serves 2):

100g North Sea shrimps
4 eggs
Aleppo pepper (approx. half teaspoon)

Beat the eggs with the Aleppo (or similar medium spiced) pepper in a bowl until blended. Fry the shimps for a few minutes in a pan (medium heat).
Add the egg mixture to it and continue  cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.

Oooo I have all the ingredients at home!

My wife invented it. For a nice touch, you could add some fresh dill at the end.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

jumbojak

I'm thinking either Chinese or a stromboli today. I really need to eat but really, really don't feel like cooking. A Chinese stromboli would be nice. General Tso's chicken and vegetables, with baby corn and water chestnuts in a thick sauce.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz