News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Random Thoughts

Started by jumbojak, March 04, 2019, 03:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2019, 06:43:34 PM
Whoever discovered cheese must have surely gone to heaven!

Depends on the cheese. Edam? No that's a route straight to hell. A complete waste of milk IMO. Salty rubber  :bleh:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

According to James Joyce cheese is the corpse of milk. I must be a ghoul, because I love cheese.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 21, 2019, 11:06:49 AM
According to James Joyce cheese is the corpse of milk. I must be a ghoul, because I love cheese.

Bernard Black should of said that, I can see him saying that, maybe he did.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 21, 2019, 08:42:50 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 19, 2019, 06:43:34 PM
Whoever discovered cheese must have surely gone to heaven!

Depends on the cheese. Edam? No that's a route straight to hell. A complete waste of milk IMO. Salty rubber  :bleh:

:lol: Ok, not all cheeses are created equal. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

We have the Tooth Fairy and Fairy Godmother...where is their lesser known cousin the Dishwasher Fairy? :notsure:

I need a whole team of them to leave the kitchen in tip-top order. Apparently asking the other tenants to wash their dishes and cutlery after they use them isn't going to have any effect on the mountain of plates, cups, forks and knives piling up in the sink. ::)

ETA: and I even got a complaint when I was washing the dishes just now. Said I was 'too noisy'.  ::)

Oh, I'm sorry if I'm making too much noise cleaning up the mess *drops a plate*. I'll try not to offend your sensitive ears from now on *throws a mug at the wall*

>:(

jumbojak

Start putting a tiny dab of antizeize on the rim of their coffee mugs. Less is more though. A single drop can cover the world.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 26, 2019, 12:37:39 AM
Start putting a tiny dab of antizeize on the rim of their coffee mugs. Less is more though. A single drop can cover the world.

I like the way you think, JJ!  :devil:

:grin:

Dark Lightning

Or a drop of phenolpthalein in their beverages.  :devil: :puppysnicker:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 26, 2019, 01:01:51 AM

I had to google 'phenolpthalein'.  :blush:

You guys have seriously creative minds for misdeeds, I myself am not blessed with such a trait.  :P

Icarus

Some Anti freeze is composed of Ethylene Glycol which is sweet tasting and poisonous.  For those others who refuse to clean up after themsevles, perhaps more than a drop or two.

Pet lovers need to know that if your car leaks or somehow spills anti freeze, the dogs and cats will lap it up with enthusiasm. Ingesting only a small volume of the stuff is fatal to small pets.

jumbojak

Antiseize, not antifreeze. The forder leaves you looking like the Tin Man fromThe Wizard of Oz, the latter can be a deadly poison.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 26, 2019, 01:04:58 AM

You guys have seriously creative minds for misdeeds, I myself am not blessed with such a trait.  :P

I don't like it when I have to google a word to get the joke. (But it's OK, it's me, not you.) The sad thing is that I still didn't get the joke. I really wanted to laugh as much as that puppy is laughing.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on March 26, 2019, 03:00:25 AM

I don't like it when I have to google a word to get the joke. (But it's OK, it's me, not you.) The sad thing is that I still didn't get the joke. I really wanted to laugh as much as that puppy is laughing.

The joke is that phenolphthalein is a laxative.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 26, 2019, 04:11:38 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 26, 2019, 03:00:25 AM

The joke is that phenolphthalein is a laxative.

Ah, thank you.  :boaterhat:

:puppysnicker:

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.