News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

How is the forum behaving?

Started by Tank, November 17, 2011, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Yes, it seems to be fine. Tank should get a crown for this. Well, at least a coronet. Well done!  8)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on November 19, 2011, 06:21:19 AM
Yes, it seems to be fine. Tank should get a crown for this. Well, at least a coronet. Well done!  8)

Yes all's well here.
I think Tank would look nice in a Tiara, I think I've got one here somewhere.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: Tanksock on November 19, 2011, 12:52:24 PMThis is a test post from Tank, using the Tanksock puppet account so the account does not get deleted in the zero post sweep

Why, the audacity, the sheer gall of it! Now that Tank has become an admin, he feels free to flaunt the rules of the forum, and rub our faces in it!!! Tanksock indeed! I'm spluttering in impotent outrage!!!   All that hard work that he's volunteered to do was just a ruse to allow him to create a sock puppet, and do so with impunity. I don't think I've ever seen the like, and there's nothing any of us can do about it, except Whitney, and of course she won't, because she's no doubt very grateful to him for the work that he's done. What is the world coming to, I ask you?

. . .

. . .

On another note, at my end the forum has been functioning without glitches since your purging operation, Tank.  Great job, sir, I guess I'll just have to swallow my ire and thank you for your excellent efforts.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

What's the point in having power if one can't abuse it  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 19, 2011, 05:41:36 PM
What's the point in having power if one can't abuse it  ;D
The Book of Asmodean(tm), rule number two.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 11:28:06 PM
We now have only 2,818 members and those with no posts are probably 'clean'  ;D

I think things improved further between the quoted post and now, a day later 2338 members (480 less).

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 19, 2011, 10:54:52 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 11:28:06 PM
We now have only 2,818 members and those with no posts are probably 'clean'  ;D

I think things improved further between the quoted post and now, a day later 2338 members (480 less).
Yes, that was some further cleaning out of more recent spammer accounts  ;D

Tank

Oh the irony. Now the forum is running more smoothly more spammers are signing up  >:(

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 21, 2011, 07:23:11 PM
Oh the irony. Now the forum is running more smoothly more spammers are signing up  >:(
Well, you know what they say... A Tank's job is never done  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

AnimatedDirt

OldGit

Yup, no trouble now.  Well done, Tank!

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on November 21, 2011, 08:09:59 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 21, 2011, 07:23:11 PM
Well, you know what they say... A Tank's job is never done  ;D
If I ever meet a spammer in real life.....  >:(

Tank

Tank