News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 07, 2012, 03:41:43 PM
If I was a high school teacher, I'd probably want to drink on the job, too.
But not caffeine  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on July 07, 2012, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 07, 2012, 03:37:13 PM
My last history teacher would drink about four cups in a seventy minute period. I never understood how he didn't have a heart attack. Cool guy though,  Russian.

I think some people are less susceptible to the effects of caffeine than others.  Your history teacher and I would be in that category.  I've never made myself sick or jittery with coffee, and I can drink it any time of the day or night and it doesn't keep me up.  I also don't get headaches or sick if I skip it for a couple of days.  But I do crave it, which makes me think my body likes the caffeine an awful lot.

I used to be like this and then I turned 25 and my body decided it was going to start developing sensitivities to many things.  :(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Black Jester

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 07, 2012, 03:41:43 PM
If I was a high school teacher, I'd probably want to drink on the job, too.

None of us blamed him...we were awful...
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

The Black Jester

Quote from: Ali on July 07, 2012, 03:42:23 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 07, 2012, 03:37:13 PM
My last history teacher would drink about four cups in a seventy minute period. I never understood how he didn't have a heart attack. Cool guy though,  Russian.

I think some people are less susceptible to the effects of caffeine than others.  Your history teacher and I would be in that category.  I've never made myself sick or jittery with coffee, and I can drink it any time of the day or night and it doesn't keep me up.  I also don't get headaches or sick if I skip it for a couple of days.  But I do crave it, which makes me think my body likes the caffeine an awful lot.

I can most definitely relate.  I've never suffered withdrawal from lack of caffeine, if for some reason I happen to skip it one day, nor have I been subject to any extreme effects by consuming too much...
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

xSilverPhinx

I also have a high tolerance for caffeine, though I don't regularly drink highly concentrated doses. I do get withdrawal headaches though. :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

We drink two large mugs each before we get out of bed (coffee-maker at the bedside).  Then we drink at least three more later on.  But when we're away from home and don't get so much coffee, we don't seem to notice any ill effects.  I suppose we're just used to the stuff but not addicted.  Or we're too old to react.  It beats me.

xSilverPhinx

One more week...then holidays!:D

I can't wait to just be able to simply do what I want and kill time. ;D It's what I did the whole semester but that nagging feeling at the back of one's head that keeps reminding you that you have things to do is so annoying. No one needs that ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

Today is my birthday.  I took the day off work, and just treated myself to a massage.  Later, I think I'll take a nap.

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2012, 06:41:42 PM
Today is my birthday.  I took the day off work, and just treated myself to a massage.  Later, I think I'll take a nap.

Congratulations on getting old(er).  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

The Black Jester

Happy Birthday!!!!
The Black Jester

Tank

Happy New orbit day!!
May you have many, many more  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 09, 2012, 06:46:23 PM

Congratulations on getting old(er).  ;)

*splutter splutter* 

:D

Thanks everybody!

Buddy

Happy cakeday!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 09, 2012, 06:59:14 PM
Happy cakeday!

:o somebody else says happy cake day.

Happy Birthday Ali, hope you have a lovely day and don't have to work too much.
Retired member.

Ali

Nope!  Took the day off work, so I'm just relaxing.  Thanks!