News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

That must have been back when they boxed.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on May 07, 2012, 05:43:07 PM
That must have been back when they boxed.

I don't know much about the boxing thing, isn't that just something played up by unscrupulous circus folks?
I think roos prefer the gloves off disembowelling thing with their proper limbs.

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on May 07, 2012, 05:33:54 PM
Quote from: Amicale on May 07, 2012, 05:08:22 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 07, 2012, 05:04:08 PM
Quote from: Ali on May 07, 2012, 04:34:01 PM
Speaking of beasties, Pudding, can you confirm that kangaroos actually do hop?  We have a membership to the zoo which means we go near constantly during the spring and summer, and our zoo has a whole herd (flock? pride? school?) of kangaroos, but I've yet to ever see one of them do more than flick an ear while they sleep in the shade.  Are our kangaroos depressed by their zoo lifestyle, or are all kangaroos spectacularly lazy?
Mob

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/about/faqs/animals/names.htm found a list of all sorts of animals. Ali, T should like these.

Ooooh, thank you!  I love this!  I had no idea that a bunch of apes is called "a shrewdness."  I LOVE that.   We are a shrewdness of atheists, are we not? :D
ETA:  A business of ferrets!!!!  A tower of giraffes!  Ther mental pictures of these are amazing!  I want to paint them!  And I can't even paint!

I love these too! A parliament of owls! A gaggle of (evil) geese! An unkindness of ravens! (yes, really.)

Gaggle gaggle gaggle.

That's just fun to say...

And then there's a 'prickle' of porcupines. I love it. Cheerful words indeed.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Amicale on May 07, 2012, 08:07:46 PM
I love these too! A parliament of owls! A gaggle of (evil) geese! An unkindness of ravens! (yes, really.)

I'm going to third that -- a romp of otters was just perfect.  And I know I've heard a murder of crows before, I think it was the name of a Ruth Rendell book.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

No one tell Puddin's new friend that a group of Hippos is called a bloat (she's a bit sensitive as it is.)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

^^  Haha, I would be too if you naturally assumed my name was "Chub"  ;D

Okay ladies of HAF, new reason to be cheerful.  Get yourself some Archipelago Morning Mint body wash. 

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=fs687130

From the discription: "This moisturizing body wash is infused with stimulating extracts of mint and citrus"

They aren't kidding!  It...um....tingles.  I quite enjoyed my shower this morning.  ;) ;D

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on May 08, 2012, 04:24:31 PM
^^  Haha, I would be too if you naturally assumed my name was "Chub"  ;D

She's a hippo!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

rainbowcat212

My final grades came back and they were really good!!!
So many years have passed, since I proclaimed my independence, my mission, my aim, and my vision, so secure, content to live each day like it's my last, it's wonderful to know, that I could be, something more than what I dreamed, far beyond what I could see -Dream Theater

Sandra Craft

Okay ladies of HAF, new reason to be cheerful.  Get yourself some Archipelago Morning Mint body wash. 

I noticed one of the reviewer cons on the website was that it was "difficult to use".  Isn't that a squeeze bottle?
Sandy

Ali

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 09, 2012, 04:47:26 AM

I noticed one of the reviewer cons on the website was that it was "difficult to use".  Isn't that a squeeze bottle?

The one I got is a pump bottle and I broke the pump this morning trying to get it in the "up" position so I could pump it.  I assume that user had the same problem. 

Tank

Quote from: Ali on May 09, 2012, 04:54:16 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 09, 2012, 04:47:26 AM

The one I got is a pump bottle and I broke the pump this morning trying to get it in the "up" position so I could pump it.  I assume that user had the same problem. 
Well... errr.... I'm glad it was just a bottle!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Our family will be moving back to Newfoundland next summer!

Ottawa's okay and all, but I'm really glad we'll be home, at least for a few more years. :) Can't have the youngster forgetting his lineage and all.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 09, 2012, 11:41:39 PM

Ottawa's okay and all, but I'm really glad we'll be home, at least for a few more years. :) Can't have the youngster forgetting his lineage and all.

Oh, wow! That is some huge news for you, for sure! :)

Just out of curiosity, will you be able to continue your current job back home in NFLD? How about your husband?

I'm glad for you, it'll be nice for your kiddo to see the east coast and be closer to family.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on May 09, 2012, 11:57:24 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 09, 2012, 11:41:39 PM

Oh, wow! That is some huge news for you, for sure! :)

Just out of curiosity, will you be able to continue your current job back home in NFLD? How about your husband?

Yep! Pretty much everything will stay the same! My husband will just have to fly back to Ottawa a couple of times a year until he finishes his program. :)

Sandra Craft

Went to lunch with some friends from work, including our old boss who retired 2 yrs ago.  Had a great time catching up and planning to take a possible group cruise to Victoria B.C.  And brought home a slice of rhubard pie that I'm now eating.  I am a happy panda.
Sandy