News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on February 15, 2012, 07:07:24 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 15, 2012, 06:52:32 PM
Only 45 more posts until I get the big 1000  ;D
Will you make it before Tuesday, before your time out?

Hopefully. Next week is going to suck though.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 15, 2012, 07:19:33 PM

Well I guess we just have to give you something to respond to.  ;D

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 15, 2012, 07:23:09 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 15, 2012, 07:19:33 PM

Well I guess we just have to give you something to respond to.  ;D

Well... If Egor sticks around I just might. :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Doesn't look like he's ready to admit defeat yet. But we'll probably get him running for the hills again soon. I mean, he had to cook up his own damn religion just to be able to argue with us. Can't see how it's not just another christian crock, but... benefit of the doubt and all that.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 15, 2012, 07:27:08 PM
Doesn't look like he's ready to admit defeat yet. But we'll probably get him running for the hills again soon. I mean, he had to cook up his own damn religion just to be able to argue with us. Can't see how it's not just another christian crock, but... benefit of the doubt and all that.

I kinda find the whole thing funny. He's like a small child who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Guardian85

I see a poor man with a very small paddle in a very little boat, paddling furiously against the stream of knowledge.

-Unknown Smartass-

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 15, 2012, 07:44:12 PM
I see a poor man with a very small paddle in a very little boat, paddling furiously against the stream of knowledge.

Can you see his boat?
I see the flurry of ineffectual paddling but no boat.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on February 15, 2012, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 14, 2012, 07:17:30 PM

*in love*

I adore otters -- even if those bright button eyes weren't beguiling enough there's the cute little hands with their little fingers!

For my own part, I'm cheerful because my book blog is starting to get comments -- most of them in Russian and all of them to posts from a year back, but still, comments!  Despite the workout I'm giving Babel Fish about it, I can't always understand what they write but they seem to share my taste in books.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

BCE, you have a blog? I didn't know you had a blog! Can I see your blog?!
In case you didn't know, I like blogs.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on February 16, 2012, 02:27:41 AM

Absolutely:  Books Books Books.  I hope after my retirement to start reading more again -- work is seriously cutting into my bibliomania.

Side note:  every time I see the picture of that baby otter, I say aaaawwww! very loudly.  I can't seem to control it.
Sandy

Amicale

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 16, 2012, 05:16:19 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on February 16, 2012, 02:27:41 AM

Absolutely:  Books Books Books.  I hope after my retirement to start reading more again -- work is seriously cutting into my bibliomania.

Side note:  every time I see the picture of that baby otter, I say aaaawwww! very loudly.  I can't seem to control it.

I like blogs too! I'll check yours out!   :)

Also, here is more 'Awwwwww' for you!

I just LOVE otters.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

history_geek

Sure, otters are cute, but they have nothing on this guy:

Just look at that smile! ;D

Or maybe this will get more "awww"-responses...

;)

Other reasons to be cheerful: Only 8 days for the nest holiday week, yay! ;D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Amicale on February 16, 2012, 06:14:06 AM
I like blogs too! I'll check yours out!   :)

Also, here is more 'Awwwwww' for you!

Thanks on both counts.  And I'll see your otters and raise you frolicking puppies:

Sandy

Guardian85

I think there is potential for a branch-off thread here...

-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Well we did have a "Go Awwwww you lose!" thread but the pictures were spoilered so you got the full impact. Unfortunatly the spoiler function disappeared when the site moved from a phpBB to SMF platform, so none of the posts worked anymore :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.