News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 04, 2012, 08:03:58 PM
It's Saturday. That's reason enough to be cheerful.  ;D
Is your horse alright now?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Mocha Chief

I'm cheerful cuz I had a pretty good week XD

Asmodean

I found my old harddisk with my collection of sad bastard music. It still works.

Yes, that is a reason to be cheerful.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on February 04, 2012, 08:10:32 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 04, 2012, 08:03:58 PM
It's Saturday. That's reason enough to be cheerful.  ;D
Is your horse alright now?

Yes, he's back to lazing about the pasture with his two buddies.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Cecilie

Got a boyfriend and a part-time job.
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on February 05, 2012, 09:42:53 PM
He's a lucky, lucky chap. Brains and beauty!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Quote from: Tank on February 05, 2012, 09:46:43 PM

Why thank you, Tank. I'm lucky too.
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on February 05, 2012, 10:13:25 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 05, 2012, 09:46:43 PM

Why thank you, Tank. I'm lucky too.
That is excellent to read. It's good to see things going in the right direction.  ;D

Amicale

I had an entirely clear-headed, happy, relaxing day with family. We had dinner together (roasted duck) except we couldn't call it duck, as my little girl loves watching the ducks at the pond... so we had to call it 'mystery meat'.  ;D All 6 of us had a great evening!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on February 06, 2012, 02:27:01 AM
I had an entirely clear-headed, happy, relaxing day with family. We had dinner together (roasted duck) except we couldn't call it duck, as my little girl loves watching the ducks at the pond... so we had to call it 'mystery meat'.  ;D All 6 of us had a great evening!

I've been experimenting with using the killing of ducks as a euphemism for evil deeds in general.  It seems a bit distasteful to continually bring up awful things to illustrate a point.  Killing ducks for fun is pretty bad in its self though.

Well done.
Unlike jolly Tank I'm taking a cautious approach to this.
Here is a spoon, if he turns bad poke him in the eye with it.

Guardian85

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on February 06, 2012, 02:50:09 AM

I've been experimenting with using the killing of ducks as a euphemism for evil deeds in general.  It seems a bit distasteful to continually bring up awful things to illustrate a point.  Killing ducks for fun is pretty bad in its self though.

Killing anything for fun is pretty bad, but ducks should be killed because they are delicious!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 06, 2012, 10:54:40 AM
Killing anything for fun is pretty bad, but ducks should be killed because they are delicious!

That's the way of things I suppose, still I like seeing families of ducks waddling about.

QuoteA provisional driver has been charged with animal cruelty after allegedly running over a group of ducks in northern NSW.

An off-duty police officer spotted the 18-year-old man driving along Beardy Street, Armidale, on January 26.

It's alleged the P-plater switched lanes to deliberately hit four ducks waddling across the road.

Two birds died at the scene, two flew away.

The 18-year-old was arrested yesterday and charged with animal cruelty and driving offences, including not displaying any P-plates.

He's due to face Armidale Local Court on March 26.

That's not very cheerful is it? At least he got caught.

Buddy

Is Monday. No longer cheerful.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Buddy