Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Well, I hope you feel better soon then. 

Sweetdeath

Can I push you around in a shoppng cart? It always makes me feel better. :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 02, 2012, 06:53:42 PM

Will you make race car noises?

Edit* Thanks phone, for making me look like an idiot XD
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 02, 2012, 06:55:12 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 02, 2012, 06:53:42 PM

Wil pu make race car noises?

Of course :)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

QuoteA fellow Victorian, student Marita Cheng, 22, was named Young Australian of the Year for encouraging high school girls to pursue engineering careers.

In 2008, she founded Robogals Global to teach girls at secondary schools about science and technology in fun ways.

Julia Gillard and Marita Cheng. Picture: Gary Ramage

In just two years, the organisation had ran workshops for more than 3000 girls in Australia and now has 17 branches across Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.

Ms Cheng said she supported the Labor Government's plans for further education reforms and said she was excited to read Ms Gillard's outline of them earlier this week.

"I'll be happy to talk to the prime minister about my thoughts on education and how I think we should shape it so kids get interested in maths and science from a really young age," she said.

"I think we just need to encourage kids just to stay in there and work over those hurdles and they'll be all the better for it."

Well that's a reason to be cheerful, awarding someone for doing something great.
So much better than worshipping people for chasing a fricken ball around.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

You're all full of really good posts today, Pudding. You make me cheerful!

Asmodean

Quote from: Sweetdeath on February 03, 2012, 06:44:02 AM
You're all full of really good posts today, Pudding. You make me cheerful!
When Asmomeister is down, Th Pudding picks up the slack. If The Pudding gets eaten, The Asmo will pick up the slack until he reatomizes himself.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Snowed in today and sitting on top of a dragon's hoard of food.  I love snow days!

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on February 03, 2012, 03:53:55 PM
Snowed in today and sitting on top of a dragon's hoard of food.  I love snow days!

They you would love Stavanger today.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 03, 2012, 03:56:25 PM

Does it ever not snow in Norway?  It's pretty much the top of the world, isn't it?   :D

Guardian85

Quote from: Ali on February 03, 2012, 04:04:11 PM

Does it ever not snow in Norway?  It's pretty much the top of the world, isn't it?   :D

Hey, it ain't Greenland. We do have seasons. It was 28 degrees celcius here in the summer.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 03, 2012, 04:06:13 PM
Quote from: Ali on February 03, 2012, 04:04:11 PM

Hey, it ain't Greenland. We do have seasons. It was 28 degrees celcius here in the summer.

Unimpressed.   :P  I've been to Phoenix AZ in August.   :P :D

Guardian85

Phoenix, Arizona is a lot further south of the arctic circle. And a lot less pretty.

-Unknown Smartass-

Ali

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 03, 2012, 04:51:40 PM
Phoenix, Arizona is a lot further south of the arctic circle. And a lot less pretty.

That I could believe.  Phoenix has it's own kind of charm with the camelbacks and palm trees, but the pictures I've seen of your part of the world are amazing.