News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siz

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 03, 2012, 03:44:11 PM
I do the grocery shopping, have done for years.
I took my daughters when they were little.
My older daughter was driving today.
She parked in an upper level car park.
We were walking towards the stairs like normal humans,
I asked her if she remembered when I put her in a trolley
and rolled her down the ramp crazy fast every week,
she said she did.  ;D

That makes me cry... :'( :) Beautiful.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Reasons to be cheerful list
1. Beer
2. Another year as an atheist
3. Bacon
4. Skyrim
5. Not being forced to listen to Nickelback(i.e being single)
6. Family
7. Beer again
8. Cheeseburgers (with bacon)
9. Not being forced to listen to Coldplay (see reason number 5)
10. Bacon bits
11. Cheese
12. Broccoli (with cheese AND bacon)
13. More beer
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Buddy

Quote from: Robert on January 03, 2012, 05:10:24 PM
1. Beer
3. Bacon
4. Skyrim
6. Family
7. Beer again
10. Bacon bits
11. Cheese
13. More beer

Sounds like my list minus the beer and skyrim  ;)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

I think that is just about everybody's list when it comes down to it.  I don't even have enough money for a system yet so the Skyrim thing is just a fantasy  >:(
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Buddy

Quote from: Robert on January 03, 2012, 05:23:52 PM
I think that is just about everybody's list when it comes down to it.  I don't even have enough money for a system yet so the Skyrim thing is just a fantasy  >:(

Skyrim seems interesting, but I'm not a gamer.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Why would you need to be a gamer to play a game where you have to take time out from killing giants and mammoths to work together to kill a dragon??? I thought I understood people once I became an atheist. Oh well back to the drawing board.  ???

Traveler

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 03, 2012, 05:18:06 PM
Quote from: Robert on January 03, 2012, 05:10:24 PM
1. Beer
3. Bacon
4. Skyrim
6. Family
7. Beer again
10. Bacon bits
11. Cheese
13. More beer

Sounds like my list minus the beer and skyrim  ;)
Quote from: Robert on January 03, 2012, 05:23:52 PM
I think that is just about everybody's list when it comes down to it.  I don't even have enough money for a system yet so the Skyrim thing is just a fantasy  >:(

LOL, maybe its a guy thing. I like Nickelback. Hate beer. Hate bacon bits. Don't remember who Coldplay is. Don't know what Skyrim is. And wouldn't let ANYONE, even a boyfriend, force me to listen to a particular band if I didn't like them. Only exception to music rule is if he's driving. Driver's taste trumps passenger, no matter what. Although generally I allow for veto power on bands either of us truly despise. For what its worth, I would NEVER made a boyfriend/husband listen to music he didn't like, but judging by your photo I'm at least a generation older than you. I'm all about the equality. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

You think I'm pretty young huh?? I'm 27 and I feel like it.  >:(  Anywhoo I never listened to bands because of a girlfriend it was just as you said: Driver trumps passenger. I was the passenger so I had to listen to BS Coldplay and Nickelback.  Funny thing was the only serious gf I had was 35 and I was 20 at the time.  She was listening to bands that girls my age listened to.  I don't really know how anyone can listen to that crap. I like either music with a beat or music that makes me jacked up (My signature is a hint at my favorite band!) On the beer thing a wise man once told me that he only drank the cheapest sh!t he could find.  He said he only drank to get drunk and that anyone who said they drank for the taste was just full of sh!t.  I have to agree although they do make some pretty good fruity drinks, they are usually so expensive who the hell would bother when you are most likely just trying to get wasted. I guess that is what most drunks think. I would rather get wasted once a month on cheap liquor than drink something fruity once a day.   :P 

Siz

Quote from: Robert on January 03, 2012, 06:09:33 PM
You think I'm pretty young huh?? I'm 27 and I feel like it.  >:(  Anywhoo I never listened to bands because of a girlfriend it was just as you said: Driver trumps passenger. I was the passenger so I had to listen to BS Coldplay and Nickelback.  Funny thing was the only serious gf I had was 35 and I was 20 at the time.  She was listening to bands that girls my age listened to.  I don't really know how anyone can listen to that crap. I like either music with a beat or music that makes me jacked up (My signature is a hint at my favorite band!) On the beer thing a wise man once told me that he only drank the cheapest sh!t he could find.  He said he only drank to get drunk and that anyone who said they drank for the taste was just full of sh!t.  I have to agree although they do make some pretty good fruity drinks, they are usually so expensive who the hell would bother when you are most likely just trying to get wasted. I guess that is what most drunks think. I would rather get wasted once a month on cheap liquor than drink something fruity once a day.   :P 

Early Metallica, right? Class!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Early Metallica is the only Metallica as far as I am concerned scissorlegs!! Yes they are quite classy. Who else could scream, play that fast and loud, and still get in some deep lyrics?  Biblical type sh!t.  They were a good influence when it came to me turning atheist. My number one influence was Seth Macfarlane.  I had no cable only a 42" tv and an xbox.  So whenever I did get drunk I would watch family guy so much I ended up having to watch it with the commentary turned on so I could find another comment here and there to laugh at.  That was when I found out he was almost the exact same person as the character Brian.  Atheist all the way.  There was also some talk about religion in England from hundreds of years ago.  That and my reading the bible during the same time period were the straw that broke the camels back.

Buddy

It's a popular thing at my school for the girls to go through each other's iPods. Everybody is always confused by my library because I have at least on song in almost every language, as well as older bands like the Stones, the Who, the Chili Peppers and so on. I also have a lot of house music on my iPod too. It's fun to listen to it when I'm cleaning up the house.  ;D Lately, I've gotten into old Celtic instrumental and bagpipe music. It helps me relax.

I was at a bar about 2 years ago and I got to hear Heavy metal with bagpipes and lyrics in Spanish.  Coolest thing I have ever heard.

Buddy

heavy metal bagpipes. I'm soo youtubing that

Look it up there aren't many on youtube. I don't think any of them are the band I heard  :'(

Crow

What is it with atheists and metal, its almost endemic.
Retired member.