News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

My first accepted short story is available! After my awesome last few years, a cheerful thing to happen is pretty awesome.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: Davin on November 01, 2011, 09:04:16 PM
My first accepted short story is available! After my awesome last few years, a cheerful thing to happen is pretty awesome.
Exellent news!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

not your typical...

Congrats. :) That is a reason to be cheerful.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Buddy

I start training my quarter horse for jumping today. After two years of training on the flat I finally get to use him for what I bought him for.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 07, 2011, 04:59:08 PM
I start training my quarter horse for jumping today. After two years of training on the flat I finally get to use him for what I bought him for.  ;D

Jumped him last night, and he did fabulous for his first time. It seemed like he really enjoyed it too. I haven't seen him this happy to work in a long time!  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 08, 2011, 03:20:00 PM
Jumped him last night, and he did fabulous for his first time. It seemed like he really enjoyed it too. I haven't seen him this happy to work in a long time!  ;D
..!

:o

... .... Oh! A horse. Of course...  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on November 08, 2011, 05:20:28 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 08, 2011, 03:20:00 PM
..!

:o

... .... Oh! A horse. Of course...  :P

AHahahaha! I just realized how wrong that sounded!

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 08, 2011, 06:16:48 PM
Nono, sounds just right, you should write that down, memorize it and use it in casual conversation when you see a passer-by come into earshot.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on November 08, 2011, 06:19:39 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 08, 2011, 06:16:48 PM
Nono, sounds just right, you should write that down, memorize it and use it in casual conversation when you see a passer-by come into earshot.  ;D

That made me crack up in the middle of class, thanks. :P  People may think I'm crazy now XD

Buddy

Got the results from three of my finals today. Got a 91%, a 93%, and an 89%. I am so happy  ;D

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on November 10, 2011, 07:21:49 PM
Got the results from three of my finals today. Got a 91%, a 93%, and an 89%. I am so happy  ;D
Very good results, well done.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

not your typical...

Awesome job! :D
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 08:06:55 PM
A Swede in the US school system... What else would  you expect?  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 10, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
Nothing less, I was just trying to be supportive. I wish I got grades like that.

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 08:40:44 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on November 10, 2011, 08:12:39 PM
Nothing less, I was just trying to be supportive. I wish I got grades like that.

It's funny, because I took notes on everything that was said in Swedish just because people are constantly asking to copy off of my notes. I guess I was just feeling spiteful haha.