News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 07, 2018, 04:40:51 PM

If you think I look fat for a soldier, I am. But I am also wearing five layers of clothes.

Actually, my first guess was multiple layers.  Given some of the pictures you've shared on FB.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

I'm considering buying a bass guitar. Give me something to do in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Might be able to mess with the dog too...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Essie Mae

Quote from: jumbojak on March 09, 2018, 02:17:47 AM
I'm considering buying a bass guitar. Give me something to do in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. Might be able to mess with the dog too...

Do you have understanding neighbours?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

Quote from: Essie Mae on March 09, 2018, 10:43:58 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 09, 2018, 02:17:47 AM

Do you have understanding neighbours?

No, I'm pretty sure they hate me. So it's no biggie. :)

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Buddy

I just got back into Indiana after spending the week in Michigan. I had to stop by my parents' place to pick up my house key because I left it with them in case of an emergency. On way there I passed an accident that had just happened. The whole side of the road had been blocked off with police and four ambulances. I got through okay and continued on my journey but on my way home they had both sides of the highway completely stopped so they could land helicopters to airlift people. I counted three altogether. I sat in traffic for 45 minutes. As I passed through the scene again once traffic started moving I got a good look at the cars. I'll be surprised if there wasn't a fatality. One car was completely destroyed with blood everywhere and the truck that hit it was missing the front end.

I really hope that everyone involved turns out okay.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I've run through a few accidents like that. The last one involved a guy who grew up maybe 200 yards from my old house. He never said much as a kid but the accident nearly crippled him for life. The other driver, who caused the accident, didn't make it onto the Nightingale.

Dragonia

Ugh, I hate passing terrible accidents......I find my eyes leaking a little sometimes.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Buddy

So I'm scrolling through the amazon music app looking for a playlist to listen to and I noticed one titled "Happy listening." The first song was Pumped Up Kicks. I think amazon has a sick definition of happy music.

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Arturo

I was asking the Arabic girl who works at the gym yesterday if she could teach me a little bit of Arabic because there is a Persian lady in my apartment building who asks me to help her often and who I cannot understand. But I think the girl at the gym called me "dog shit" and disguised it as teaching me to speak, and tbh when I think back on it that was kind of hot.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 13, 2018, 03:09:33 PM
I was asking the Arabic girl who works at the gym yesterday if she could teach me a little bit of Arabic because there is a Persian lady in my apartment building who asks me to help her often and who I cannot understand. But I think the girl at the gym called me "dog shit" and disguised it as teaching me to speak, and tbh when I think back on it that was kind of hot.

Ah, Persians aren't Arabs and Farsi, or Persian, is their national  language. Your neighbour may know some Arabic from reading the Koran if she is a Muslim, or more if she is well educated, but don't count on it, Arturo!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on March 13, 2018, 04:48:27 PM

Ah, Persians aren't Arabs and Farsi, or Persian, is their national  language. Your neighbour may know some Arabic from reading the Koran if she is a Muslim, or more if she is well educated, but don't count on it, Arturo!

I know what I'm getting into. You don't know either of these people I'm speaking about and I think that is making you confused.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

Quote from: Arturo on March 13, 2018, 04:59:58 PM

I know what I'm getting into. You don't know either of these people I'm speaking about and I think that is making you confused.

:picard facepalm:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 13, 2018, 05:14:03 PM
Quote from: Arturo on March 13, 2018, 04:59:58 PM

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on March 13, 2018, 08:30:31 PM
And what does that mean?
:secrets1: I think they want you to read this, again...slowly:
QuoteAh, Persians aren't Arabs and Farsi, or Persian, is their national  language. Your neighbour may know some Arabic from reading the Koran if she is a Muslim, or more if she is well educated, but don't count on it, Arturo!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant