News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

"You have nothing to believe in? How sad..."

Started by Sweetdeath, July 04, 2012, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on July 16, 2012, 06:52:46 PM
^^My guess would be that he quantifies himself in comparison to whatever else is being discussed, with "greater than" being the constant.

Asmo>(insert anything here)

Asmo>Cadbury Creme Eggs
Asmo>lamps
Asmo>Quantum Physics
Asmo>those shoes that are supposed to give your bottom an extra workout while you walk
Asmo>pinatas

And so on.
Also, The Asmo > The Asmo.

The Asmos are, as stated, quantified in Gt [Greater than]
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2012, 07:17:42 PM
That is mind-boggling.
Ah! You see, this here is The Asmo Paradox, which mathematically demonstrates that The Asmo's greatness is infinite.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Asmo>pinatas

What happens when it's an Asmo pinata?

And what comes OUT of the Asmo pinata?  :o

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 16, 2012, 09:02:41 PM
Quote from: Amicale on July 16, 2012, 08:59:16 PM

Asmo>pinatas

Rage.

QuoteTragedy strikes a local children's birthday party when 11 year old Johnny Johnson struck an Asmo Pinata and unleashed the Rage within.  There were no survivors.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on July 16, 2012, 09:05:27 PM
QuoteTragedy strikes a local children's birthday party when 11 year old Johnny Johnson struck an Asmo Pinata and unleashed the Rage within.  There were no survivors.
Straight from the news, that.  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on July 16, 2012, 09:20:01 PM
Straight from the news, that.  :D

Now that's news.

On slight topic:  I freakin love cadbury eggs!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

OldGit

DYKT all the Cadburys raw milk chocolate they use in their products in the UK is made at Marlbrook, about 5 miles up the road from me?

Sweetdeath

Quote from: OldGit on July 17, 2012, 09:03:06 AM
DYKT all the Cadburys raw milk chocolate they use in their products in the UK is made at Marlbrook, about 5 miles up the road from me?

*-* Oh, really?
I would so have the urge to sneak into that factory.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on July 16, 2012, 09:02:41 PM
Quote from: Amicale on July 16, 2012, 08:59:16 PM

Asmo>pinatas

Rage.

LOL! :D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Much like Being John Malkovich, all they could say at the bitter end were "Asmo!"
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ali

Quote from: Firebird on July 17, 2012, 10:04:03 PM

Much like Being John Malkovich, all they could say at the bitter end were "Asmo!"

Hahahahahhahahahha.  That's an awesome mental picture.  Everybody with Asmo heads saying "Asmo Asmo Asmo.  Asmo? Asmo!"

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on July 17, 2012, 10:44:29 PM
Quote from: Firebird on July 17, 2012, 10:04:03 PM

Hahahahahhahahahha.  That's an awesome mental picture.  Everybody with Asmo heads saying "Asmo Asmo Asmo.  Asmo? Asmo!"

love this  ;D

Non Quixote

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 04, 2012, 10:47:21 PM
He sad he felt bad for me because i had "nothing to believe in."
He said he didn't understand people without religion, and don't want a connection to "God."
Yeah, I'm going out on a limb here and say that he didn't really feel bad for you, he just saw an opportunity to do the Superior Dance while attempting to make you feel bad for not being a believer.  There's really no other reason to say something like that.

That sort of response from a Christian generally finds me bringing out my verbal championship dart set.  Very few things make me angrier than someone being condescending to me.  Especially if they're riding the intellectual short bus.

I applaud your self control and your ability to rise above his taunt.
Ya give 'em books and they just chew on the covers...
"Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."    ~ Archie Bunker