News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

There are methods to treat the validity of the theory that a God exists

Started by JennieDar, May 20, 2018, 07:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Perhaps JennieDar is busily actually writing a post in response to replies in this thread. She has logged in at least a couple of times and presumably seen those replies, but hasn't bothered to post anything. Ah well. In another thread I've posted about recent speculations that are relevant to the "fine-tuning" hypothesis.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Quote from: Tank on May 20, 2018, 09:06:01 PM
Quote from: Arturo on May 20, 2018, 08:59:42 PM
I'm not reading this.
You must have started to know you wouldn't :D

I'm sorry what did you say? I think I should be in the GOOF thread because my hearing sucks.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on May 24, 2018, 06:28:32 AM
Looks like a shit and run. Why do people bother?

How long do you wait to decide its a "shit and run"?  Or do you decide so on first scan?

Yeah, it had the symptoms, but can be good exercise to look around then shout, "PLAGIARISM!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Dave on May 24, 2018, 07:40:28 AM

How long do you wait to decide its a "shit and run"?  Or do you decide so on first scan?

Yeah, it had the symptoms, but can be good exercise to look around then shout, "PLAGIARISM!"

With a bit of experience you can spot a 'Shit and Run.' 80% of the time on the first post.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

So they can brag about having "left the atheists speechless with their logic".  After all, if they never come back, for all they know it's true.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Old Seer

I don't have to point this out I'm sure. Religions don't operate with logic. Belief and logic are oft times enemies.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Dave

Quote from: Old Seer on May 27, 2018, 08:33:33 PM
I don't have to point this out I'm sure. Religions don't operate with logic. Belief and logic are oft times enemies.

Well, belief in supernatural influences that cannot, by any logical or scientific means, be substantiated - yeah! That the Sun will rise tomorrow morning is a statically logical belief. Whether of not we are here to see it depends on there not being an X-ray burster or supernova happening in our local bit of the galaxy during our local night. We won't see that 'til it hits us! An existinction-event asteroid would be spotted.

Whether or not I survive the night to see that sunrise personally has nothing to do with it, my belief will cease with my death but the universe will just trundle on regardless.
:grin:

Icarus

Quote from: Sandra Craft on May 24, 2018, 11:31:13 PM

So they can brag about having "left the atheists speechless with their logic".  After all, if they never come back, for all they know it's true.

I am both annoyed and amused when a Shit and run person posts here.  It is, for them. similar to going to a gun fight armed only with a stick.

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on May 27, 2018, 10:49:39 PM

I am both annoyed and amused when a Shit and run person posts here.  It is, for them. similar to going to a gun fight armed only with a stick.

If it makes them feel better and they gtfo I don't care if they post a huge ugly penis on the forum.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on May 27, 2018, 10:49:39 PM

Or leaving a recording of themselves shouting at a rally they oppose.

Bad Penny II

QuoteThere are methods to treat the validity of the theory that a God exists

I don't know why any one would have a problem with that statement.
I agree there are methods and here is one:

Take my advice, don't listen to me.