News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Asmo's Trump Thread

Started by Asmodean, July 17, 2017, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

In Trump's USA right now, it's pretty good to be male, white, straight, Christian, professional, upper middle class.  I wouldn't want to be in any other category, however.  That's an insider's view.  My main issue with him is still the Wall in Texas, which I will continue to resist, as able.  He is, in my view, incompetent and dangerous, but my personal life has not suffered so far.  We'll see where things are in a few months. 

I voted for Hillary because at least I thought she was competent.  She had too much baggage, however, and did not run a good campaign.  Allowing him to win the Electoral College was inexcusable.  But, that's all spilled milk and water under the bridge.  Now, Trump is the reality.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 27, 2017, 08:09:18 PM
In Trump's USA right now, it's pretty good to be male, white, straight, Christian, professional, upper middle class.  I wouldn't want to be in any other category, however.  That's an insider's view.  My main issue with him is still the Wall in Texas, which I will continue to resist, as able.  He is, in my view, incompetent and dangerous, but my personal life has not suffered so far.  We'll see where things are in a few months. 

I voted for Hillary because at least I thought she was competent.  She had too much baggage, however, and did not run a good campaign.  Allowing him to win the Electoral College was inexcusable.  But, that's all spilled milk and water under the bridge.  Now, Trump is the reality TV president.

Just thought I would nake it a bit more specific!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Gloucester on July 27, 2017, 08:35:08 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 27, 2017, 08:09:18 PM

I voted for Hillary because at least I thought she was competent.  She had too much baggage, however, and did not run a good campaign.  Allowing him to win the Electoral College was inexcusable.  But, that's all spilled milk and water under the bridge.  Now, Trump is the reality TV president.

Just thought I would nake it a bit more specific!

Heh, I approve of the edit. 

Arturo

I don't know how accurate it is but I heard republicans redrew districts so they would more easily win elections.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Arturo on July 28, 2017, 12:22:39 AM
I don't know how accurate it is but I heard republicans redrew districts so they would more easily win elections.

Well, of course. Every ten years there is a census, and every ten years the party in power in state legislatures starts gerrymandering the districts to ensure that their party stays in power.  It's been going on forever.  The result is some really weirdly shaped districts that connect communities that have nothing to do with each other, but whose voter concentration is advantageous to whatever party has the majority.  The GOP has been able to do this because they win more at the state level, and it's the states who create their own districts.  Now, there is some constitutional oversight by federal courts, so there are rules to be followed.  But subject to that the states can create whatever districts they want as long as they all have approximately the same number of people (one man, one vote).   

Arturo

That begins to make sense that nearly all the states were red but hillary won by 2.7 miilion votes (or so i heard)

I find this REALLY dumb that there are people in a place very different culturally can have a say in what laws we have to live by. And that goes for me too. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean other states having a say.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on July 27, 2017, 03:19:44 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on July 27, 2017, 07:18:28 AM
Quote from: Davin on July 26, 2017, 03:14:25 PM
So you're not saying that the statement displays a narrow viewpoint or lack of knowledge?
No. A lack of wisdom. a narrowness of perspective. Were those not my words?
:lol:

You guys are funny. Both of you are great.  :lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on July 26, 2017, 08:14:20 AM
Yes, yes... Asmo vs. Davin season 83 is still as fascinating as the day it first aired...  :P

:rofl:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on July 27, 2017, 04:42:26 PM

I don't know what that means. The expression just looks... Fake, somehow.

Quote from: Arturo on July 28, 2017, 12:22:39 AM
That's what they call "gerrymandering," yes? As I understand it, they all do it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on July 28, 2017, 07:58:30 AM
I don't know what that means. The expression just looks... Fake, somehow.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Asmodean

Oh! He's... Is there a word for that emotion? Like, if he just pissed his pants and was confronted with it and went "Nope" in the most obvious way just for the laughs?

That, yes?  :D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Asmodean

Good. Totally no end to references The Asmo geteth today.

:frolic:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Seems like the Pentagon is getting plumb ornery over Trump's "transgender" tweets.

QuoteMarine Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote in a memo to commanders and senior enlisted leaders of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines that the military will continue to "treat all of our personnel with respect."

Dunford said Pentagon policy on transgender troops would not change until the White House has issued Trump's directive to Secretary of Defense James Mattis through formal channels — not on Twitter —  and the secretary's office issues guidance on implementation to the service chiefs. It's unclear when that might happen.
http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-top-u-s-general-tells-military-leaders-1501171360-htmlstory.html
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74