News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Dualistic Religions

Started by alwmjohnson, October 12, 2018, 01:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alwmjohnson

Dualistic Religions - Zoroaster founded the Persian ancient religion of Zoroastrianism, that has had a major influence on the Abrahamic religions. Kriwaczek said, "Zoroaster's reputation had been high in the classical world." (2003) He taught the dualistic forces of good and evil, and proclaimed that the world is a Cosmic battleground between them. The symbol for Zoroastrianism is fire, and it represented an enlightened force that defeats evil. Zoroaster said that Ahura Mazda was the one true God (Good spirit) and Angra Mainyu was the evil spirit (Bad spirit). He announced the natural world is the battlefield between Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu. They are dualistic enemies competing forces after the souls of mankind. Sound familiar? Persian Zoroastrianism  had a major influence on biblical stories founded in Mesopotamia (Sumeria). The Jewish Bible incorporated many of these Sumerian stories. The holy book of Zoroastrianism, Avesta, has had an impact on Greek philosophers from Pythagoras to Plato. Hellenistic philosophy influenced the Catholic Church and the European Renaissance. Friedrich Nietzsche would be swayed by Zoroastrianism, and that influence can be seen in his writings in Thus Spoke Zarathustra (4 parts - 1883-1885).

Asmodean

Wrong forum. Moved to Religion.

Why this obsession with duality/dualism/whatever you may want to call it? Actually, don't answer that yet. Consider re-visiting your other threads (link below) before posting more in the same name/terminology-heavy style. Verbosity is perfectly fine if you are actually saying something worth listening to, and engaging the criticisms directed at you. So far, you have not.

Spirit-body thread: http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15986.msg380873#msg380873
Fallacy thread: http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15978.msg380610#msg380610
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: alwmjohnson on October 12, 2018, 01:14:59 PM
Dualistic Religions - Zoroaster founded the Persian ancient religion of Zoroastrianism, that has had a major influence on the Abrahamic religions. Kriwaczek said, "Zoroaster's reputation had been high in the classical world." (2003) He taught the dualistic forces of good and evil, and proclaimed that the world is a Cosmic battleground between them. The symbol for Zoroastrianism is fire, and it represented an enlightened force that defeats evil. Zoroaster said that Ahura Mazda was the one true God (Good spirit) and Angra Mainyu was the evil spirit (Bad spirit). He announced the natural world is the battlefield between Ahura Mazda and Angra Mainyu. They are dualistic enemies competing forces after the souls of mankind. Sound familiar? Persian Zoroastrianism  had a major influence on biblical stories founded in Mesopotamia (Sumeria). The Jewish Bible incorporated many of these Sumerian stories. The holy book of Zoroastrianism, Avesta, has had an impact on Greek philosophers from Pythagoras to Plato. Hellenistic philosophy influenced the Catholic Church and the European Renaissance. Friedrich Nietzsche would be swayed by Zoroastrianism, and that influence can be seen in his writings in Thus Spoke Zarathustra (4 parts - 1883-1885).

1st warning for spamming. You can have a month off to consider your next post.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on October 12, 2018, 01:59:25 PM
Wrong forum. Moved to Religion.

Why this obsession with duality/dualism/whatever you may want to call it?

I'm curious about the obsession with posting in Rules, of all places.  Perhaps, if you come back, Johnson, you can make a few personal posts and explain your reasoning there.  I am honestly curious about this obsession for posting in Rules.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

It might be that it is simply the first area you see when you enter the forum?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

That be my assumption. Cockup before conspiracy.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on October 13, 2018, 07:57:19 AM

True, but then there are all those underneath it.  Plus I believe he's done this at least twice before and been corrected about it.  That seems to me like a fascinating obsession and I want to know more.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 13, 2018, 06:01:44 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 13, 2018, 07:57:19 AM

True, but then there are all those underneath it.  Plus I believe he's done this at least twice before and been corrected about it.  That seems to me like a fascinating obsession and I want to know more.

I suspect your curiosity will go unsated.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Couldn't that be said of all religitards, Argentium?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on October 14, 2018, 05:58:08 PM

I'll answer your question with another question. Is there anything more artificial than a bot's intelligence? :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

No one

Argentum:
Is alwmjohnson a bot?

No one:

Argentum:
I'll answer your question with another question. Is there anything more artificial than a bot's intelligence?

I will defer this question to the forum's top notch brainisist.