News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hi from scared Holubice

Started by Holubice, April 06, 2011, 08:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Holubice"Do you consider me a fanatic or the Indonesia, Chile, Haiti and Japan images make you wonder too? [/img]

Evidence for your fanaticism is inconclusive, you could be a bored Californian teenager putting text through Bable Fish.  
The suggestion that natural disasters are a sign of the end times are just ridiculous.  What did the dinosaurs do to cause god to toss an asteroid at them?  

Maybe someone could argue increased extreme weather events are due to global warming and forebode worse to come.  If I was going to don a sandwich board and start shouting the end is nigh I would take this path.  People have been predicting the end of the world and the coming of god for millennia, it's time for a different approach.  

But seriously just live a good a life, and if yours or the worlds' end comes you'll have nothing to regret.

Stevil

Quote from: "Holubice"
Quote from: "Stevil"The best thing to do would be to address the moderator's post, play nicely and earn your avatar. It's not a right you know, its a privilege.
Stevil, do you consider the content of my posts offensive, rude, bad-mannered and censurable?
And what do you think about the alerts I added? Do you consider me a fanatic or the Indonesia, Chile, Haiti and Japan images make you wonder too?
I am concerned about your comment
QuoteUnfortunately Germany has lost his war
You do realise that the Germans were trying to wipe out a race of people. Putting prisoners into gas chambers. It was pretty terrible stuff. So I don't get why you say "unfortunately".

As I understand it the 50 post restricted licence gives people a chance to get aquainted with the people of this forum in a friendly mannor, before engaging in civil debate. With this regard I can see why we are asked not to delve into controversy within this area of the forum. If you are honest and sincere with regards to wanting to explore your thoughts and the thoughts of others, also practicing and improving your debating skills and knowledge of theism or atheism then you have come to the right place and will be intellectually stimulated once you get to the serious topics. But I do think this restricted licence is important because you may feel threatened, defensive or under attack unless you are able to aclimatise yourself to this community first. Without acclimatising I feel in the heat of debate you will likely get banned very quickly. If you acclimatise and tone it down and engage in open discussion, putting forth well thought out arguments, showing reasoning in your thoughts and an honesty to explore ideas rather than to preach then I think you will get much value out of your time here.

But just for the moment you are running on a restricted licence and hence are expected to be very civil and just get to know people. Learn a bit about them, let us get to know you before getting into these meaty debates. 50 posts will fly by when you start saying hello to a few people.

Holubice

Quote from: "Stevil"I am concerned about your comment
QuoteUnfortunately Germany has lost his war
You do realise that the Germans were trying to wipe out a race of people. Putting prisoners into gas chambers. It was pretty terrible stuff. So I don't get why you say "unfortunately".
The word 'unfortunately' is, obviously, ironical, as a lot of people were guffawing about my poor control of English language. So, I meant, if Germany could win the war now German was the passpartout language of the world, that's all. And later on I added that 8.000.000 of American Indians were living in North America, now just 50.000 have survived. Where are those 7.950.000 disappeared? So do you remember the story of the great long and the splinter before you, and others, talk about 'to wipe out a race of people' or do you remember the smallpox infected blankets given by the young Yankee army to natives tribes to kill thousands of them before you talk of 'gas chambers'? Never forget that the only real commander in chief of America has been Red Cloud, Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull. All the men came later are just usurpers and murderers. When you will realise it you will understand why so many countries and so many people all around the world are so in anger with the States when they see its army approaching.
But this is just an history lesson, of course I'm horrified by the Nazi crimes, as I'm horrified by yours, or the crimes the Italian army committed few years ago in the attempt to conquer Libya, Ethiopia and Somalia.          

Tank

And still no response to McQ or Whitney.

I bet he put them on his Foe list  lol
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

Quote from: "Tank"And still no response to McQ or Whitney.

I wonder if I can remove that ability on a per user basis, or just remove it entirely (came wrapped up in the forum software) as there is no real use for it and it can obviously be abused.

Oh well, if he can't see his instructions from the mods then he'll just be caught off guard if one day he ends up banned.  I bet he still thinks he'll get free range at 50 posts.

(btw, I just got back from jury duty; dismissed after just a couple hours...so I haven't read his posts yet)

Edit:  Friend or foe option is now disabled for everyone to prevent further nonsense.

Tank

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Tank"And still no response to McQ or Whitney.

I wonder if I can remove that ability on a per user basis, or just remove it entirely (came wrapped up in the forum software) as there is no real use for it and it can obviously be abused.

Oh well, if he can't see his instructions from the mods then he'll just be caught off guard if one day he ends up banned.  I bet he still thinks he'll get free range at 50 posts.

(btw, I just got back from jury duty; dismissed after just a couple hours...so I haven't read his posts yet)

The friend/foe functionality can be removed. It was removed at RatSkep because theists were simply 'foeing' the people they didn't like and it was destroying discussions there. I personally think that it's a childish affectation on a discussion forum. I can see it's use on a social forum like facebook but not a not a discussion board like this one. $0.02

EDIT: Just noticed Whitney's edit!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

OK, so now I"m caught up.

No, you can't have your avatar till you demonstrate that you respect the forum and graduate out of the restricted area...asking again will get you banned as I'll take that as a sign that you have no intention to participate seriously on HAF.

This thread is now locked...further continuation of this discussion is not allowed int he "getting to know you" section of the forum to which you are restricted.  Demonstrate an honest attempt to converse with members of the forum in a friendly manner and you'll be released from the restricted group.  Starting further debate topics, controversial comments, preaching or anything else of a non casual manner will lead to banning.