News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Calligraphy shop sues against having to make invites for SSM . . .

Started by Sandra Craft, September 25, 2016, 07:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

. . . that no one asked them to do.  AZ court refuses to bar enforcement of non-discrimination law for anti-LGBT calligraphy shop  In any case, the Phoenix court refused to let them off the hook in case any SS couple in the future asks them to prepare wedding invites.

Maybe I'm getting cynical, but this just seems like an attention grabbing ploy to me.  I'm waiting for their GoFundMe page any day.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

But the publicity works bith wsys - drawing attention to the shop and to gay rights at the same time!

Which, or will it be both, might be looking for funding?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

They can continue to protest against SSM, and then some gays will come just to test it, and then they will say "We have to do this because our rights are being violated, but we are against it", and then anti-gays will come to support them, and pretty soon they are having a very profitable month.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm going to open a bar and put a "white men only" sign in front, and then when blacks and women come in, I'll point to the sign, and then sell them a beer under protest.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 25, 2016, 08:53:51 PM
I'm going to open a bar and put a "white men only" sign in front, and then when blacks and women come in, I'll point to the sign, and then sell them a beer under protest.
Old White Men Only! would be even better or you could just say 'Republicans Only!'  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

Maybe a "Morons who believe in god are unwelcome here" sign would be best.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tom62

Quote from: Apathy on September 27, 2016, 05:39:28 AM
What is SSM?

I'm so glad that you've asked.I thought is had something to do with masochists who wear SS uniforms :o.
I can imagine that someone would be offended by that.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

I don't know. Not with the way the polls look. Scares me, to be honest. Makes me feel like people are out to get me.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱