News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.

Started by Magdalena, December 14, 2017, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I selected this option:
...Will this block the member's messages or posts?  :headscratch:
I don't want to see any more posts from AngelOfDeath, how can I continue to come here without having to read anything he posts?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on December 14, 2017, 09:51:49 PM
I selected this option:
I don't want to see any more posts from AngelOfDeath, how can I continue to come here without having to read anything he posts?

You should see this now whenever you are in a thread and someone you block has posted something:

QuoteYou are ignoring this user. Show me the post.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

I used a facility like that on another forum - then f found it was not worth looking at any threads the other was in at all, too much lost context made them confusing or I wanted to comment but knew I had to read the hidden stuff to be able to do so.

So I just totally ignored any thread the other commonly invaded.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

That is exactly what I do, Dave. If there is a poster that I am finished with, I completely ignore all that they do.

Magdalena

OK. I will try this...this..."ignore them," theory.  :levitate:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on December 15, 2017, 03:17:47 AM
That is exactly what I do, Dave. If there is a poster that I am finished with, I completely ignore all that they do.

That has been my modus operandi as well. And I feel much better for it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on December 15, 2017, 04:21:44 AM
Do, or do not. There is no try.

When you're fed up with stupid...Everything is possible.  :levitate:

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 15, 2017, 02:57:01 AM
I selected this option:

You should see this now whenever you are in a thread and someone you block has posted something:

Mr. Member formerly known as Father Bruno.

You've had access to this option all this time and you didn't tell me about it!?   :cryandrun:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on December 15, 2017, 05:31:52 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 15, 2017, 02:57:01 AM
I selected this option:

Mr. Member formerly known as Father Bruno.

You've had access to this option all this time and you didn't tell me about it!?   :cryandrun:

I could change my name to "Mr Member"...that's cool as well, maybe "Mr Member Grande'?

Anyway, uh that option...I think...that's...pretty common...knowledge... on forums like this...???

I don't currently use it, but anyway I understand Mags, heck I remember my first forum. Good luck and welcome to HAF :rawr:

Davin

I think it's also good to try to respect ignores as much as possible by only quoting the relevant portions of the user's posts, that way Mags won't see the complete post of a user she is trying to ignore.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on December 15, 2017, 03:17:45 PM
I think it's also good to try to respect ignores as much as possible by only quoting the relevant portions of the user's posts, that way Mags won't see the complete post of a user she is trying to ignore.

I agree, good idea Davin.

Tank

We're (the staff) are looking at an upgrade to the forum to allow members to ignore threads. If Asmo gives his technical blessing it will be added in the near future.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 15, 2017, 01:38:07 PM
I could change my name to "Mr Member"...that's cool as well, maybe "Mr Member Grande'?
:picard facepalm:

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 15, 2017, 01:38:07 PM
Anyway, uh that option...I think...that's...pretty common...knowledge... on forums like this...???
I didn't know about it. I've never needed it.
...Until I met a eugenics loving son of a bitch. There are times when you can't fight stupid, so you just gotta move out of the way and watch it receive the Darwin Award.

~That's all.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on December 15, 2017, 04:00:03 PM
We're (the staff) are looking at an upgrade to the forum to allow members to ignore threads. If Asmo gives his technical blessing it will be added in the near future.
Nice.