Absolute Pitch

Started by maestroanth, March 05, 2009, 07:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maestroanth

F

maestroanth

F

Will

There's been word about a HAF meet-up in "Sin City" some time in the future. Maybe you can show us the not-so-touristy parts of the city!  :D
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Ihateyoumike

I have plans to be in Vegas towards the end of May to see a UFC fight, and play in some poker tourneys. That is, barring any "acts of god" keeping me from going.

I can't wait to go back.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

maestroanth

F

maestroanth

F

MariaEvri

Quote from: "maestroanth"Dammit!

what about me??
I feel so alone in my corner in the east D:
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

McQ

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "McQ"Sophus, I'm a little confused. Are you quoting me because you want to say that I insulted you or maestroanth? And that I did so by asking for a reference to a claim? Even a cursory lookup shows this topic to be debatable, so how is it insulting to ask if some people are born with the ability to hear pitch absolutely? Additionally, I never claimed that it could not be learned, as I believe that it can be. Can you clear up what you are trying to say?

Oh, no, no. You did not insult anyone (forgive me, I didn't think it would come across that way). I'm talking about those great majority who think along those lines. My crux is that no talent is perfect without first having to educate yourself on the art and work with a vigorous passion toward mastering it.

Ok. Thanks. I was doing the double take thing on that like, "Whoa! Where did that come from!" LOL! I understand now!  :lol:
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Announcement: While trying to split this topic into two threads, I inadvertently deleted several posts. Sorry! I'm working on putting them back in here. In the meantime, they are all safe and happy over in the Science forum, under the topic of "Absolute Pitch."

Forgive the lack of technical skills on this one. I'm trying to multi task. It's not working out so great right now.  :blush:

OK, I think I fixed it now.
--Penn Jillette

Sophus

Quote from: "McQ"Ok. Thanks. I was doing the double take thing on that like, "Whoa! Where did that come from!" LOL! I understand now!  :lol:
Ha ha. Sorry about that McQ. Need to re-read before I post to insure I don't send off the wrong "vibe." I have to go hit myself in the head repeatedly with a lamp now. Bad Sophus! Bad!
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

McQ

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "McQ"Ok. Thanks. I was doing the double take thing on that like, "Whoa! Where did that come from!" LOL! I understand now!  :lol:
Ha ha. Sorry about that McQ. Need to re-read before I post to insure I don't send off the wrong "vibe." I have to go hit myself in the head repeatedly with a lamp now. Bad Sophus! Bad!

(well don't let this get out, but sometimes....like 73.9% of the time....I get really thick and don't grasp things. But you have to swear not to tell the rest of the members! And go easy on yourself with that lamp!)
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

I merged the Vegas topic into this one.