News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

But is it Art? -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, March 23, 2019, 12:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Ah, what delights await you lucky voters. Roll up, roll up, come and gaze in wonder at the glorious selection of images; humble yet adventurous offerings to the Muses all!

Thank you very much to all who submitted photos. Please PM me ASAP if I've missed any entries, or otherwise made a mistake in setting this poll.

Members may vote for up to six (!) entries and can change their votes. Voting will close in about two weeks.

1. hermes2015

2. Lark

3. Bad Penny II

4. xSilverPhinx

5. jumbojak

6. Tank

7. Recusant

8. hermes2015

9. Lark

10. Bad Penny II

11. xSilverPhinx

12. jumbojak

13. Tank

14. Recusant

15. hermes2015

16. Lark

17. Bad Penny II

18. xSilverPhinx

19. Tank

20. Recusant

21. hermes2015

22. Lark

23. Bad Penny II

24. xSilverPhinx

25. Recusant

26. hermes2015

27. Lark

28. Bad Penny II

29. Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Seriously impressive!  :tellmemore:

Only six entries? :notsure: Now's a good time as any to procrastinate and vote later... difficult choices require time. :grin:

:clapping:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

I'm with Silver.  There are some impressive shots there. I need to ponder this for a bit. 

( I admit that there a couple of them that grabbed me right away). 

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 17, 2019, 04:10:14 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2019, 08:56:53 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 16, 2019, 03:46:25 AM
The theme was my idea, but my entries are dreadfully uninspired this time.

I think you're being modest, Hermes.  ;D You always submit excellent photos.

Thank you, but you will see how I am going to embarrass myself when the photos are revealed.

I don't see any entries that in anyway could be considered embarrassing.
I was expecting Hermes done up in body paint (possibly edible), maybe spangles and colourful feathers.
I am a bit disappointed to be honest.
Maybe he coloured in the lion with his orange crayon, who ever did has crossed the lines.
Oh ye, colouring across the lines, that's definitely not art.
Maybe he drank all those empty bottles.
Ye that'd be a bit embarrassing, he probably did.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 23, 2019, 03:30:45 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 17, 2019, 04:10:14 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2019, 08:56:53 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on March 16, 2019, 03:46:25 AM
The theme was my idea, but my entries are dreadfully uninspired this time.

I think you're being modest, Hermes.  ;D You always submit excellent photos.

Thank you, but you will see how I am going to embarrass myself when the photos are revealed.

I don't see any entries that in anyway could be considered embarrassing.
I was expecting Hermes done up in body paint (possibly edible), maybe spangles and colourful feathers.
I am a bit disappointed to be honest.
Maybe he coloured in the lion with his orange crayon, who ever did has crossed the lines.
Oh ye, colouring across the lines, that's definitely not art.
Maybe he drank all those empty bottles.
Ye that'd be a bit embarrassing, he probably did.

Ha, ha. I didn't mean embarrass myself in that sense, so sorry to disappoint you (I am no oil painting)! I meant the quality of my shots. The ones I have in the sense you understood are only available on the Dark Web.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Thank you so much Recusant. I am very happy with the response to the theme: there are some intriguing photos. Can't wait to hear where and how they were taken.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena