you'll have to say it again
'cause of retention spans
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 13, 2017, 11:02:48 AM
It's not a fucking opinion.

This is why I keep leaving HAF.
And you keep coming back  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 13, 2017, 12:50:18 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 13, 2017, 11:02:48 AM
It's not a fucking opinion.

This is why I keep leaving HAF.

Talk to us, punch us in the face.
Almost everything is opinion.
You have enormous cred here
Say what you want to say,
you'll have to say it again
'cause of retention spans
Hear hear!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Davin

So a lying nun, a gnostic ignorer, and an edgelord walk into a forum...

I wish there was a punchline.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: Davin on December 13, 2017, 07:18:22 PM
So a lying nun, a gnostic ignorer, and an edgelord walk into a forum...

I wish there was a punchline.
I wish there was a ban hammer.

AngelOfDeath

If you live in a place where you're just worrying about where your next meal will come from every single day I suppose you're far less likely to be worried that you were born the wrong sex, etc.

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 13, 2017, 07:36:54 PM
I would think a male to female trans having relations with a man would most def be homosexual, unless the trans is post op.
And you care about this...Because....?

Because if  not post op then under the clothing and makeup that person still has all the workings of a man.
And you worry about this...Because?

As far as "it", it wasn't meant as "dehumanizing".
Yes, it was.

I know some trans will like to be called "they", but this is a 3rd person plural and absolutely ridiculous to be used in that context.
How do you know this? Do you know many?

I suppose one could call a male to female trans "she" but I find this a stretch unless applied to a passable trans.  The person actually is still a man even if being self deluded into thinking he is a woman.  If a male to female trans can become a "she" and a "woman" we have to ask ourselves: what even is a woman?  It just becomes all too confusing.  1st world problems i suppose.  If you live in a place where you're just worrying about where your next meal will come from every single day I suppose you're far less likely to be worried that you were born the wrong sex, etc.
If you worry as much as you do about another person's genitalia, that would also be a, "1st world problem i suppose."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 12, 2017, 05:23:50 AM
...i really don't know how all this new stuff works.  i think i'm too old for it.  i grew up in a much simpler time
I thought you said you were thirty-something. That's not old.  :eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

AngelOfDeath

I care about these folks.  And since they are afflicted with this mental disorder I think we should try and help them.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on December 13, 2017, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 12, 2017, 05:23:50 AM
...i really don't know how all this new stuff works.  i think i'm too old for it.  i grew up in a much simpler time
I thought you said you were thirty-something. That's not old.  :eyebrow:
Almost everyone thinks they grew up in a simpler time, because when they were growing up they only had to deal with simple issues because they were still growing up.

When I was a kid everything was simpler, I didn't have to pay rent, cook my own food, fold my own clothes, wash my own dishes... but the world is just so complicated now, we should go back to those simpler times where if I shit my pants, someone else would clean it up for me.

But gender issues have been around for a long time, just because one is not aware of the complexity of the world, doesn't mean that the world is simple.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 13, 2017, 08:37:49 PM
I care about these folks.  And since they are afflicted with this mental disorder[misrepresentations removed]
Wow, that's a lot of wrong. What mental disorder is that?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on December 13, 2017, 08:46:45 PM
I care about these folks.  And since they are afflicted with this mental disorder[misrepresentations removed]

Yeah.

I asked AngelofDeath what his qualifications were for making that assessment, which he has yet to answer.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

AngelOfDeath

take a look at the stats for post-op trans folks

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 13, 2017, 09:14:29 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 13, 2017, 08:52:33 PM
Quote from: Davin on December 13, 2017, 08:46:45 PM

Yeah.

I asked AngelofDeath what his qualifications were for making that assessment, which he has yet to answer.  ::)

take a look at the suicide stats for post-op trans folks

And? What do you think that proves? I would like to know how you make the leap from higher rates of suicide in post-op trans folks to it's an organic mental disorder, like schizophrenia.

Depression has long been established as a mental disorder, and be caused by anti-transgender bias like the type you display. The non-acceptance that people feel they are of the wrong gender can really take an emotional toll I would imagine. Human beings are essentially a social species, and social acceptance is high on the list for many.

Look at https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf, page 11.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey