News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Fire bombing plane crash today

Started by Bluenose, January 23, 2020, 09:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

A C-130 Hercules firebomber aircraft operated by Coulson Aviation crashed today, south of Canberra whilst fighting fires in the Snowy Mountains, killing all three crew aboard.  This is personal for me, as my daughter knew these guys from when she worked at Richmond Air Base for a couple of years re-loading the aircraft with water and fire retardant.  She got to know these dedicated people well and really liked them.  A big downer today.  RIP fellows, you died trying to help others and you will not be forgotten.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

thats a shame.

flying those is a dangerous job

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

Great shame. Brave crew. I expect this will show up on the news here later.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

Firefighters are always heroes. The don't even have to die to make it so. I hope that they went quickly.

Recusant

I was sorry to hear about that crash. Pretty much all aspects of fire fighting have a real element of physical danger, and the people who do it are aware of that fact. It's a respectable occupation.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bluenose

These guys had been fighting fires over here for the last six years or so.  They had given up their Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year to help us out in our time of need and in the end paid the ultimate price.  These sorts of people including the other "firies" from the USA and Canada and other countries who have been on the front line fighting fire over here are a true sign of the friendship between our countries, far more than any politician's hollow words.  A sincere thank you to all those who heeded the call, especially those three brave airmen we lost yesterday.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey