News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

This is a weird one. I like it.
Hippies by the river getting dirtier, the moon, and an animatronic animal band.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on February 12, 2017, 04:43:46 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 10, 2017, 02:17:06 PM

This song makes me sad. Reminds me of a friend of mine.

Strange, it makes me sad too as it reminds me of someone who passed away.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on February 13, 2017, 06:18:03 AM
This is a weird one. I like it.
Hippies by the river getting dirtier, the moon, and an animatronic animal band.  :shifty:

I remember that song. It used to come on the Jazz station, when there was one.

Edit: No it didn't
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Mr. B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Biggus Dickus

I like TwentyOne Pilots, good stuff. ^^^^

This is an awesome version of the great "Sweet Jane" by our Uncle Lou Reed by one of my favorites groups, the Cowboy Junkies.

This version has a clip from the Movie, "Natural Born Killers' at the beginning which fits in perfectly.

I see angels Mickey...

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Don't ask me why, but tonight I was getting down to "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OP5EnaaYjQ

Mr. B

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 17, 2017, 07:07:17 PM
I like TwentyOne Pilots, good stuff. ^^^^

This is an awesome version of the great "Sweet Jane" by our Uncle Lou Reed by one of my favorites groups, the Cowboy Junkies.

This version has a clip from the Movie, "Natural Born Killers' at the beginning which fits in perfectly.

I see angels Mickey...

yeah 21 pilots is my newest favorite band. However you just connected two of my other favorite bands and one of my favorite movies.

Get out of my head!

Seriously tho, The first time I ever got high I sat in my darkened room and listened to Trinity Session over and over for a couple of hours. I saw them perform in Knoxville a few years later. Great show. First time I saw Natural Born Killers, my girlfriend and I ate a couple of hits of LSD before we went into the theater. The whole time we both thought maybe we got some bunk paper until we walked out into the lobby and realized that....yes....the acid had kicked in at some point. So, a few days later we went back to watch the movie sober. Then it felt like an acid trip. It's weird I know.

I don't know how you feel about blue grass but I just stumbled upon an awesome cover band. Check it out.

Apparently there is a whole movement in the blue grass genre covering everything from classic rock to heavy metal and hip hop.

I don't rank any of these in my top 100 but they still make me :D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

^^^
That's "Gin and Juice" by Snoop Doggy Dogg, from the album Doggystyle.

:snicker: I love it!

I like the music you've posted, so far, Mr. B.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

^ Cool stuff, indeed.

And now for something completely different....

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Very nice posting Mr B...not sure if you and I have ever interacted here on the forum before now, but I would like to welcome you.

I love Bluegrass, even been to the Michigan Bluegrass Music Festival a couple times, and am going to try and attend this summer if I can...believe it is towards the end June up in Charlotte, MI.

Thanks again for posting, as I'm always happy when I discover new music or bands, and I like "Steve'n Seagulls" cover below of Thunderstruck (And I'm not even a big ACDC fan, I know how horrible...sorry :P)

I've got an old army buddy who lives outside Chattanooga who loves bluegrass, several years ago when I was down there visiting we went to the 3 Sisters Festival....

This is one of the local bands who performed, Dismembered Tennesseans.

Yee Haw! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Bad Penny II

Sensitive New Age Cowpersons - is there any other kind?

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Tom62

Robert A. Heinlein