News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Chance, Which Rules The World

Started by Loffler, June 28, 2008, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loffler

Hi folks. My name's Ray.

I chose the name Loffler after a guy who was burned at the stake for atheism, who allegedly quipped while tied to the stake: "You don't have enough flame to burn chance, which rules the world!"

I was actually looking for a place to argue with believers, but I guess this might be a good base of operations. Also, I like the forum's format; most forums out there are ugly.

leftyguitarjoe

Well, we dont aim to argue here. We intelligently discuss things using science and reasoning  ;)

weedoch

Hi Loffler - welcome to the site, enjoy!

McQ

Welcome, and I second leftyguitarjoe's welcome and message. This is less a site to bash believers than a place to enjoy good company and debate rationally. Have fun. :)
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

susangail

Hey Loffler, welcome! HAF is a great "base of operations". It most certainly helps me reload after debates with family members and friends.

Happy posting!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Evolved

Howdy, Ray.  If you find cool places to argue with churchies, let us in on the conversations!  Welcome!
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, Loffler.  And remember....we're happy atheists.