News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Dave

. . . or get you amusedly confused. Any ladies out there that can help me l wonder?

I washed some brand new sheets today, didn't read the instructions of course - I'm a bloke! Just gave them a short wash s8nce they had not been used yet. They are still hanging on the lines in the bathroom and noticed the little label and read it:

"Wash inside out, iron only on reverse side . . ."

OK, the second bit I can do, iron it on the side where the hems (?) roll over (yeah, like I iron sheets!) But, er, how do I turn the sheets "inside out" before loading them into the washing machine please?

:grin:

PS: the label might work on cotton sweatshirts, zipped up cotton fleeces, even cotton shirts or blouses - trying to save pennies by making one label not quite fit all? My washing machine manual tries to cover three similar models. But it tells me to undo three screws to remove the bottom plate to gain access to the filter. Uh-uh, mine unclips.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

xSilverPhinx

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 04, 2018, 09:29:19 AM

:lol:

No, hang on, it's bloody true!

(Déjà poo - "I have stepped in this before")

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on August 04, 2018, 10:26:49 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on August 04, 2018, 09:29:19 AM

:lol:

No, hang on, it's bloody true!

(Déjà poo - "I have stepped in this before")

I just thought of this:

Déjà blue - the feeling that you've seen that Yves Klein before.
― Charles Eames

Dave

My friend, Jane, and I exchange daily emails, sometimes a single word, just to reassure each other we are still hanging around. Jane's typing and editing is nearly as good as mine - so she employs "predictive text".

Thus I get emails such as:

QuoteTitle chilly to day

So, is it "Freezday" rather than "Friday"?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on August 10, 2018, 08:44:06 AM
My friend, Jane, and I exchange daily emails, sometimes a single word, just to reassure each other we are still hanging around. Jane's typing and editing is nearly as good as mine - so she employs "predictive text".

Thus I get emails such as:

QuoteTitle chilly to day

So, is it "Freezday" rather than "Friday"?

Freeday! :dance:

xSilverPhinx