News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Putting a completed maths assignment in the post  :yay:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

2 months membership and 1300 posts  roflol
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

GAYtheist

My partner. August 14th will be a year and a half.

Also, my left forearm. It has a tattoo of a Celtic style raven I designed. The raven holds a teal ribbon with the Gaelic word Marthanoir. Marthanoir means survivor, and the teal ribbon symbolizes "Sexual Assault Awareness". Its my favorite design that Ive drawn, and I've done a fair few, because it is a reminder that I did survive. How do I get on these topics?

John
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

pinkocommie

Heehee, they mention The Selfish Gene in an episode of Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig.  The Tachikomas (sentient military robots) talk about the book when discussing the nuances of human thinking.   :yay:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

The Black Jester

Quote from: "GAYtheist"My partner. August 14th will be a year and a half.

Also, my left forearm. It has a tattoo of a Celtic style raven I designed. The raven holds a teal ribbon with the Gaelic word Marthanoir. Marthanoir means survivor, and the teal ribbon symbolizes "Sexual Assault Awareness". Its my favorite design that Ive drawn, and I've done a fair few, because it is a reminder that I did survive. How do I get on these topics?

John

Got any pics of the tat you can post?
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Thumpalumpacus

Had a decent open-mike last night, the first time I ever played slide in front of an audience, and I was on.  It smoked.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Tank

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Had a decent open-mike last night, the first time I ever played slide in front of an audience, and I was on.  It smoked.
I bet the adrenaline was flowing!

Thumpalumpacus

It was an acoustic set, and I was so in-the-moment that it didn't start pumping until after it was all over.  Those are the best, because you can enjoy the rush without worrying about fluffing the next chord change.  :)
Illegitimi non carborundum.

GAYtheist

Quote from: "The Black Jester"
Quote from: "GAYtheist"My partner. August 14th will be a year and a half.

John

Got any pics of the tat you can post?

Not yet, but maybe I can use the webcam for it.
"It is my view that the atomic bomb is only slightly less dangerous than religion." John Paschal, myself.

"The problem with humanity is not that we are all born inherently stupid, that's just common knowledge. No, the problem with humanity is that 95% of us never grow out of it." John Paschal, myself

The Black Jester

Cool!  Sounds like a great design.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

GAYtheist

Quote from: "The Black Jester"Cool!  Sounds like a great design.

Thanks, I think so, and it was important for me to get. I design all my tattoos, to, they all tend to have so sort of meaning. The only one that I'm not going to design is the Vitruvian Man, I'm a big fan of Di Vinci, especially for him being gay, and opposed to the Church...eh heh.

Businessocks

Congratulations, Tank, on expecting your first grandchild!  Cheerful news, indeed!  :yay:

Hmmm, I have so many reasons to be cheerful.  

Friendly's watermelon sherbet roll.  Pure deliciousness.

My neighbors let us come swimming in their pool on this 95 degree day.

A smokin' sex life with my hubby (he just gets better and better with age  :D ).
The god of the cannibals will be a cannibal, of the crusaders a crusader, and of the merchants a merchant.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tank

All is on track ATM, she's OK and so is the sprog. She's moved in to her new house and got a puppy it was her birthday on the 6th so I'm getting her a decent camera so she can take photos of the sprog in due course!

Cecilie

Quote from: "Businessocks"My neighbors let us come swimming in their pool on this 95 degree day.
Haha, it's 15°C (59°F) where I live.
The world's what you create.

Businessocks

Quote from: "Cecilie"Haha, it's 15°C (59°F) where I live.

*shiver* That's a bit chilly!  I LOVE the hot weather!
The god of the cannibals will be a cannibal, of the crusaders a crusader, and of the merchants a merchant.  -Ralph Waldo Emerson