Started by Recusant, July 29, 2019, 09:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 03, 2019, 01:12:44 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2019, 07:47:55 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 02, 2019, 10:08:41 PM
Quote from: Recusant on July 29, 2019, 09:37:24 PM

:snicker1:

I can think of a bunch of T's in Portuguese but not in English for that picture.

We need to know!!!

Ok, here goes:

Tesão = horniness
Transando = having sex
Trepando = having sex (slang)
Taradas = perverts

:notsure:

That's it for now. :grin:

That's enough, tiny wasn't, it's got my vote.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on August 03, 2019, 02:50:05 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 03, 2019, 01:12:44 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2019, 07:47:55 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 02, 2019, 10:08:41 PM
Quote from: Recusant on July 29, 2019, 09:37:24 PM

:snicker1:

I can think of a bunch of T's in Portuguese but not in English for that picture.

We need to know!!!

Ok, here goes:

Tesão = horniness
Transando = having sex
Trepando = having sex (slang)
Taradas = perverts

:notsure:

That's it for now. :grin:

That's enough, tiny wasn't, it's got my vote.

Twosome.  :snicker1:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we have a winner! Congrats, Recusant!  :bravo:

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Here are the T words that describe my photos.

1. Tea tasting.
8. The teleferique on Table Mountain.
13. Tjantings (tools used to apply hot wax to cloth in the process of batik dyeing, a craft I have practised occasionally over the years).
18. Tractor.
21. Tyre.

Now, I would love to hear about the other photos.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

While walking through a park reserve some time ago I came across this odd-looking tree trunk. Looks a little like a toilet tree...

jumbojak

Now you know where the bear shits in the woods.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 18, 2019, 01:42:43 PM
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we have a winner! Congrats, Recusant!  :bravo:

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 18, 2019, 02:31:47 PM
Well done, Recusant!

:boaterhat:

Thank you.  :grin:

Thank you as well to everybody who sent photos for this edition, and to everybody who voted. :)

Quote from: jumbojak on August 18, 2019, 03:04:34 PM
Now you know where the bear shits in the woods.

:rimshot:

My photos:

A triplane (Fokker Dr.I) from the Biggin Hill air show

A tugboat, in the mouth of the river Dart

A train (the engine is the Flying Scotsman) on its approach to Shalford, a village in Surrey

Tower Bridge in London

Three-cornered leek aka Allium triquetrum or onion weed, at the Nothe Gardens in Weymouth

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Terrific train Rec but it would have been better with a T Rex tracking it and Twilia Twanton tied to the tracks, triplane to the rescue. Terrible Trawiliker distracted by  tiny winged trollop transandoing on his toes.

You're not going to stop there are you, what happens next?

Tomorrow.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

joeactor

Kudos Rec! Very nice choo-choo!

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 18, 2019, 02:42:46 PM
13. Tjantings (tools used to apply hot wax to cloth in the process of batik dyeing, a craft I have practised occasionally over the years).

Interesting - new word and process for me...

hermes2015

Quote from: joeactor on August 22, 2019, 01:13:22 AM
Kudos Rec! Very nice choo-choo!

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 18, 2019, 02:42:46 PM

Interesting - new word and process for me...

Batik originated in Indonesia, where they traditionally use natural dyes like indigo. I use dyes called vat dyes, which have to be reduced chemically with sodium dithionite to make them soluble in the dye bath. In the reduced form they are water soluble and stick to the fibres of the cloth, but only where there is no wax resist. The nice thing is that the vat dye bath is almost cold water, whereas the dyes you can buy at craft shops have to be used in hot water. In the reduced form the dye is a different colour, for example some reduced blues are yellow. Then, when the cloth is removed from the dye bath, the oxygen in the air oxidizes the dye molecules back to their insoluble form that has the correct colour. One sees the colour developing over a few minutes when the cloth is exposed to the air. My dyes are so stable that the article can be washed in boiling water. Sunlight does not fade them, so one can dye beach towels quite successfully. I used to do a lot of batik projects and feel that perhaps I should start again. If anyone wants to get into it and needs some tips, let me know.
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Hermes you are a most versatile and artistic dude.

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on August 22, 2019, 09:47:47 PM
Hermes you are a most versatile and artistic dude.

I am aware that I am very lucky that I have had opportunities, in terms of time and resources, not usually available to most people, so I've been able to investigate topics that interest me. The old saying "Jack of all trades, master of none" is very appropriate in this case.
― Charles Eames