News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Students heckle campus preacher!

Started by MinnesotaMike, August 31, 2011, 05:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: MinnesotaMike on September 01, 2011, 06:51:43 PM
That has been up on the wall since I arrived here two years ago.

It should say this:

How appropriate  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

It should say this:

You need to do a bit of interfering with that sign, would be very easy to do and not expensive if you approach it with the intention of it not being permanent.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

It should say this:

I need this as a shirt now. I love it!  Time to print this out on iron on paper.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

It should say this:

The x is missing... If it is supposed to spell what I think it is supposed to spell.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on September 02, 2011, 02:02:47 AM
That idiot is STILL on campus?!

I graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2005. He once told me I was a harlot because I had a skirt on.

2005?? Geeez.  Why do they even allow him there?

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MinnesotaMike

Yep. Something interesting I heard at the secular student alliance meeting...

Quite a few of these guys don't preach on the behalf of any church. At least, no church will claim them or condone them (that they can find). Apparently they do whatever they can to piss of the students, then when one hits them they sue the school. Their faith is actually questionable, they may be in it just for the money as a 'get rich quick' scheme.  :-\
Absence of knowledge is not reason for faith.

I'm infallible (if I'm not mistaken)

xSilverPhinx

I think that this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Xn3TCDjVI is a good way to piss them off. I've never seen a better use for that song ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Medusa

It should say this:

I ask because there is an on-line open religious group I used to belong to with that logo.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Sweetdeath

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on September 02, 2011, 07:21:55 PM
Quote from: MinnesotaMike on September 02, 2011, 04:37:27 AM
Yep. Something interesting I heard at the secular student alliance meeting...

Quite a few of these guys don't preach on the behalf of any church. At least, no church will claim them or condone them (that they can find). Apparently they do whatever they can to piss of the students, then when one hits them they sue the school. Their faith is actually questionable, they may be in it just for the money as a 'get rich quick' scheme.  :-\

Not that I can really put anything past fundies, but this seems a bit far-fetched to me.

How so?   It seems like the perfect way for a fundie to place a violent label on an atheist.

xSilverPhinx

Those at Westboro already try to instigate violence so that they can sue, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that others who go out of their way to annoy others would be thinking the same.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 31, 2011, 04:26:49 PM
Did the Campus security remove him?
How dare he call any woman a whore.  He has no fucking idea what women go through or went.
I.m surprised no one got physical with him. I probably would have.

Campus police can't remove them because the schools get government money. They simply file the right paperwork to be allowed on campus and that is that. I'm assuming it is a public college which means the preacher is protected by they 1st Amendment.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Sweetdeath

Ugh, curse you first amendmant...! *shakes fist*

MinnesotaMike

When I rise to power, I'll put in a provision that allows individuals freedom from religion lol
Absence of knowledge is not reason for faith.

I'm infallible (if I'm not mistaken)

Xjeepguy

Quote from: MinnesotaMike on September 03, 2011, 08:22:41 PM
When I rise to power, I'll put in a provision that allows individuals freedom from religion lol

Quote of the day!
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg