News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Got very little sleep last night. Everyone around me is all so cheery and I've got a dark cloud over my head.

*Grumble*
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Shitbags who are unaware of how red lights work.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on November 09, 2018, 07:37:13 PM
Shitbags who are unaware of how red lights work.

Want some of my dark cloud?

Harmonie

Oh plenty of reasons.

My feet are hurting me really bad and making it hard for me to do anything. I've been putting up with this for so many months now, it's weighing on me not only physically but mentally.

My stupid state elected a Trump suck-up for governor, and by a wide margin. This gem of a governor-elect used 'Crooked Hillary' in his advertisements, and shamed the other Republican candidate in the primaries for not supporting Trump enough. This is what my state has come to. It is trash.

I have to work at 4 in the morning, and my week starts back up tomorrow. Combine that awful schedule with my feet problems and I'm really not a happy person. Although I am happy to have a job, I just am not doing so well right now.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

jumbojak

Hopefully work doesn't have you on your feet for the shift.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Harmonie

Quote from: jumbojak on November 10, 2018, 01:17:16 AM
Hopefully work doesn't have you on your feet for the shift.

Unfortunately it very much does. I try to take Advil just to help me survive the shifts, but it only helps so much. I try to work on my knees as much as possible. I'm a stocker, so there are many opportunities... That is if I'm able to grab/'hoard' the boxes of products that are on lower shelves before my coworkers grab them. =/

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

jumbojak

Would they let you bring a rolling seat in? That might be a partial solution, and you could sell it to the boss as a productivity booster.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

According to the weather forecast, it's going to be hotter tomorrow.

jumbojak

My clothes don't seem to be coming clean in the wash. I've tried extra detergent, smaller loads, extra detergent in smaller loads. Nothing seems to do the trick. They smell and feel like they've been worn for a few days as soon as I put them on. It's very frustrating.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on November 13, 2018, 11:13:37 PM
My clothes don't seem to be coming clean in the wash. I've tried extra detergent, smaller loads, extra detergent in smaller loads. Nothing seems to do the trick. They smell and feel like they've been worn for a few days as soon as I put them on. It's very frustrating.

Do you share that washing equipment? I worked out of state for a few years, and had to use washing machines (top-loaders) that other people used. I went home with some dark blue shirts that were a sort of medium blue-gray. Once they were washed in my front-loader washer using liquid detergent, they completely changed back. I think that the powdered detergent alone was the principal problem.

jumbojak

It's a machine that I share with one other person. Liquid detergent and liquid softener. It might be the water, maybe. I'm really scratching my head.

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on November 14, 2018, 01:46:04 AM
It's a machine that I share with one other person. Liquid detergent and liquid softener. It might be the water, maybe. I'm really scratching my head.

Next time add a half cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate, not baking powder!) to the load before starting the wash cycle. Sodium bicarbonate is a very effective general cleaner for greasy utensils and dirty surfaces as well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 14, 2018, 03:19:25 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on November 14, 2018, 01:46:04 AM

Next time add a half cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate, not baking powder!) to the load before starting the wash cycle. Sodium bicarbonate is a very effective general cleaner for greasy utensils and dirty surfaces as well.

I found the problem and I'm pretty sure baking soda won't help. It looks like I'm going to be removing and cleaning the tub very soon. I followed my nose and found a nice ring of... goop, for lack of a better word around the top of the tub. I hope I don't have to buy a special tub wrench for the agitator nut. Might be able to cobble something together.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak