News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by xSilverPhinx, May 26, 2019, 03:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Thanks. I have another kanji symbol on my neck.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on May 26, 2019, 11:23:20 PM

Cool. I'm a sucker for symbols.  8)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 27, 2019, 01:09:25 AM

Me too!
They're like a shortcut and they say so much.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on May 27, 2019, 06:45:22 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 27, 2019, 01:09:25 AM

Me too!
They're like a shortcut and they say so much.

Now I feel like reading The DaVinci Code again. :tellmemore:

xSilverPhinx

My new tattoos are itching and I have to keep reminding myself not to scratch them! Literally feeling irritated.

jumbojak

Do you have Aquaphor in Brazil? That's what everyone here uses on tattoos. I'm convinced it's mostly petroleum jelly but it supposedly has additives that make it more effective.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on May 28, 2019, 03:11:00 PM
Do you have Aquaphor in Brazil? That's what everyone here uses on tattoos. I'm convinced it's mostly petroleum jelly but it supposedly has additives that make it more effective.

Yes, we do. I think I'll get some and see if it helps. The tattoo artist recommended putting healing lotion on the tattoos to speed up the process and so far I think it's working. The skin isn't red or irritated, just itchy.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 28, 2019, 03:17:20 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on May 28, 2019, 03:11:00 PM

Yes, we do. I think I'll get some and see if it helps. The tattoo artist recommended putting healing lotion on the tattoos to speed up the process and so far I think it's working. The skin isn't red or irritated, just itchy.

Vitamin E cream should work as well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

I always use Lubriderm, that, or the blood of newborns and kittens.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 28, 2019, 07:04:52 PM
Vitamin E cream should work as well.

Quote from: No one on May 28, 2019, 08:27:52 PM
I always use Lubriderm, that, or the blood of newborns and kittens.

I'll take anything and everything!  :P

No one

Roger that. I've got a great connection for the baby blood. Top notch stuff. I can get you the discount.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on May 28, 2019, 08:36:05 PM
Roger that. I've got a great connection for the baby blood. Top notch stuff. I can get you the discount.

Sounds so satanically alternative. I like that.  :devil:

Davin

I wash mine, then use Aquaphor and tape it up in plastic wrap for about two weeks. Then I use some lotion to keep it moisturized for a few weeks after.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

I don't have tattoos yet, but once it's healed make sure you use sunscreen! UV is a big cause of tattoo fading so protecting it will keep the ink nice longer.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on May 29, 2019, 02:53:07 PM
I wash mine, then use Aquaphor and tape it up in plastic wrap for about two weeks. Then I use some lotion to keep it moisturized for a few weeks after.

I tried taping them up in plastic wrap but it didn't stick. :P I kept that on for only about an hour before getting frustrated and taking it off.  ::)