News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Theresa May resigns

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, May 24, 2019, 06:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Failure on Brexit brought her down. What now?

jumbojak

I think she had the last towel. It's time to panic.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

It's like she was on borrowed time anyway.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on May 24, 2019, 07:22:43 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 24, 2019, 06:35:02 PM

No idea  >:(

Turns out you guys are as fucked up as we are. 

Sandra Craft

Was this expected?  I know she was in trouble, but this seems like left field.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 24, 2019, 08:38:31 PM

The "special relationship" will continue. With the numpty Boris Johnson set to become PM, looks like the UK will have its own tow-headed buffoon at the top of its government. A sort of mirror image of the US, though American exceptionalism requires that its buffoon be more buffoonish and clueless.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Sandra Craft on May 24, 2019, 09:11:38 PM
Was this expected?  I know she was in trouble, but this seems like left field.

The pressure on her has proved to be intolerable. It was just a matter of time. Now the clown show starts for a replacement.  >:(

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on May 24, 2019, 10:54:55 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 24, 2019, 08:38:31 PM

The "special relationship" will continue. With the numpty Boris Johnson set to become PM, looks like the UK will have its own tow-headed buffoon at the top of its government. A sort of mirror image of the US, though American exceptionalism requires that its buffoon be more buffoonish and clueless.

:sad sigh:

Essie Mae

We are in the middle of a national crisis but hey, let's watch some over-privileged rich people preening and scrambling to get the top job for themselves. It's so unseemly. Then let's see how they go on to get us into even more of a fine mess. Also it's beyond believable that some of the fallout in all this is the turn towards the right. I despair of our country right now.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 27, 2019, 01:14:26 AM
We are in the middle of a national crisis but hey, let's watch some over-privileged rich people preening and scrambling to get the top job for themselves. It's so unseemly. Then let's see how they go on to get us into even more of a fine mess. Also it's beyond believable that some of the fallout in all this is the turn towards the right. I despair of our country right now.

There are turns to the right all over the place - France, Italy, Hungary, etc.  Mass movements of people has folks freaked out.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 27, 2019, 02:38:53 PM

There are turns to the right all over the place - France, Italy, Hungary, etc.  Mass movements of people has folks freaked out.

According to the latest UN figure, (2017), over 1.25m Brits are living in the EU. I don't know if immigration from outside the EU would be affected by Brexit.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 27, 2019, 02:38:53 PM

What I've also seen is that the Green parties gained lots of votes, especially from younger voters (who are worried about climate change). In general, I would say that the biggest loosers are the "old fashioned" conservative parties and the biggest winners the Green, Liberal and Eurosceptical parties.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein