News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Madonna's Concert Crucifixion Draws Ire

Started by MommaSquid, August 04, 2006, 12:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Court

Quote from: "onlyme"cos we are a superior race

If you're going to seep arrogance and proclaim yourself to be part of a "superior race" (especially after lecturing about the use of the English language) don't use the horrible "word" (for lack of a better term) "cos" (sic). You look like an idiot. (Which isn't terribly surprising, just annoying.)
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

court, you need to lighten up

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Court"You look like an idiot. (Which isn't terribly surprising, just annoying.)

No, she's right.   +1

Asmodean Prime

Of course, mommasquid, I know that you and court are against me, and have been since the beginning.

I can live with that.

I can't please everyone, nor do I intend to try.

Still, I say that some people should lighten up on here, and recognise when someone is joking.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "onlyme"Of course, mommasquid, I know that you and court are against me, and have been since the beginning.

Since the beginning?  Really?  

Well, considering this was your first post, I guess you're right.  I have been against you since the beginning.  

Quote from: "onlyme"just thought i'd see why people join a website like this, i mean, are you proud of being an atheist?

i am a Christian myself.  it fills me with horror to think that people can be atheist and proud of it, and not fear God.

Actually my response to your first post was pretty innocuous.  I have been having a bit of fun at your expense lately, though.  Maybe I need a new hobby, but you make it so easy!

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "MommaSquid"
Quote from: "onlyme"Of course, mommasquid, I know that you and court are against me, and have been since the beginning.

Since the beginning?  Really?  

Well, considering this was your first post, I guess you're right.  I have been against you since the beginning.  

Quote from: "onlyme"just thought i'd see why people join a website like this, i mean, are you proud of being an atheist?

i am a Christian myself.  it fills me with horror to think that people can be atheist and proud of it, and not fear God.

Actually my response to your first post was pretty innocuous.  I have been having a bit of fun at your expense lately, though.  Maybe I need a new hobby, but you make it so easy!

Ok, mommasquid, I apologise if I've taken things the wrong way.  Have fun at my expense as much as you want.  I like it.  I'm up for a joke as much as the next man, just look at the conversations between me and Bigmac.

Bring it on, babe.  I will take whatever you throw at me.  But expect as much back.  Ha ha

...still not sure about court, though.

And we Brits are STILL the superior race.....'Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves'.....(cue the rousing, patriotic music)

You Americans are a poor imitation of your parents.  I mean, how can anyone who rounds off their 't's be taken seriously...

....I'm talking about, for example, the word 'later', where you lot say 'layder'
I mean, it's a T, for crying out loud, not a D!

Come one, get real.

Court

Quote from: "onlyme"Ok, mommasquid, I apologise if I've taken things the wrong way.  Have fun at my expense as much as you want.  I like it.  I'm up for a joke as much as the next man, just look at the conversations between me and Bigmac.

Bring it on, babe.  I will take whatever you throw at me.  But expect as much back.  Ha ha

Well, you caught me. I don't like you. I didn't much mind you at first, but I've found you to be a person at whom it is easier to throw rocks than engage in conversation. Sometimes I'm joking, but when I say "You look like an idiot," it's exactly what it sounds like.

Quote from: "onlyme"And we Brits are STILL the superior race.....'Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves'.....(cue the rousing, patriotic music)

You Americans are a poor imitation of your parents.  I mean, how can anyone who rounds off their 't's be taken seriously...

....I'm talking about, for example, the word 'later', where you lot say 'layder'

Come one, get real.

Oh, looky, onlyme is being openly bigoted again. How surprising.
There is no superior race, you dumbass. There are morons like you in all countries, colors, and dialects.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Big Mac

Quote from: "onlyretarded"You Americans are a poor imitation of your parents.  I mean, how can anyone who rounds off their 't's be taken seriously...

Come one, get real.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you think all Americans wear the pants past their ass, walk like they have a permanent enema, and gibber like some inner-city retard? Some of us speak English correctly. Maybe you should go mug somebody, you thug, you'd know first hand how thugs act. God will burn you in hell for your sins! Praise the Lord for all of his "love".
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "onlyretarded"You Americans are a poor imitation of your parents.  I mean, how can anyone who rounds off their 't's be taken seriously...

Come one, get real.

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you think all Americans wear the pants past their ass, walk like they have a permanent enema, and gibber like some inner-city retard? Some of us speak English correctly. Maybe you should go mug somebody, you thug, you'd know first hand how thugs act. God will burn you in hell for your sins! Praise the Lord for all of his "love".

It was a joke.

See, Bigmac, this is where I think there is a problem.  You speak about us being intolerant.  But aren't you intolerant of our views?

You even said yourself that you may be classed in some way the same as a
'thug' because you are a mercenary.

What happened to fair play?

Court

Quote from: "onlyme"You speak about us being intolerant.  But aren't you intolerant of our views?

I've said it over and over again, but it doesn't seem to register. I, for one, am not intolerant of christian views. If you want to worship the invisible sky-daddy in the privacy of your own churches and homes, I don't give a shit. If you want to worship Satan or practice witchcraft in the same vein, I still don't care.
But it doesn't stay in private. Christianity is a social and politic force that affects my life. Until that changes, I will not be tolerant.
[size=92]
[/size]
[size=92]

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Court"
Quote from: "onlyme"Ok, mommasquid, I apologise if I've taken things the wrong way.  Have fun at my expense as much as you want.  I like it.  I'm up for a joke as much as the next man, just look at the conversations between me and Bigmac.

Well, you caught me. I don't like you. I didn't much mind you at first, but I've found you to be a person at whom it is easier to throw rocks than engage in conversation. Sometimes I'm joking, but when I say "You look like an idiot," it's exactly what it sounds like.

Quote from: "onlyme"And we Brits are STILL the superior race.....'Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves'.....(cue the rousing, patriotic music)

Come one, get real.

Oh, looky, onlyme is being openly bigoted again. How surprising.
There is no superior race, you dumbass. There are morons like you in all countries, colors, and dialects.

You said it all in your post, Court.  I know, and knew from the beginning, that you didn't like me.  As I said, I can live with that.  Plenty people don't like me.  Some do.  The people that matter do.

But can't you see when I'm having a joke, court?  If not, that is a failing on your part, not mine.  I thought you were perceptive.

Big Mac

We don't dislike you because you're a christian. We dislike you because you're an arrogant one. I'm not a "thug", a mercenary is a legitimate job. Blackwater is a legit company and does its job better than the military, in my opinion.

Asmodean Prime

But I'm not really an arrogant one, Bigmac.  I like to provoke, prod and tease you into making a response.  Usually, as I suspect is the case with most people, because I'm bored inbetween work shifts, and I like the silly banter going on.

As regards PMCs, I have a couple of mates in the business.  In my opinion, though, although they make a good wage (some are in Iraq at the moment, as private bodyguards) I think that, no matter what your monthly income is, and it IS good, there's no doubting that, - but I think that one day your luck would probably run out.  It stands to reason. So what if you bring home thousands of dollars for the first month, or three months, or nine months?  Eventually, your number will be up.  what good will all that money in the bank be to you then?

It's only a matter of probabilities and odds.

It does you no good if you're in the grave, and not able to enjoy it.  Ok, so you might get away with it for a while.

But.....there's a bullet with your name on it.

You might be lucky enough to get away with it for the first 3 months.  In that case, get out of the business, and enjoy it.

Big Mac

Eh, the same if I was a soldier in Iraq except less pay and more worries. Those who say money can't buy happiness obviously dont' have much money or happiness.

Asmodean Prime

Yes, Bigmac, except that the people I'm talking about (my mates, etc), are bodyguards in HIGH PROFILE positions, guarding officials in the Iraqi interim government, etc, which is more likely to attract enemy action of some kind (maybe).

The money may be better.  Worries?  I'm not sure I follow you on that one....

But, anyway, along with the better pay-cheque comes vastly increased risk.

It's all a matter of balancing out the risk-payment ratio in my opinion, and, looking at it from a statistical point of view, it doesn't balance out enough to justify that line of work, in my opinion.  You may think differently. Good luck.  Seriously.

As regards the happiness verses money argument you put forward... as I said before....happiness, and money, are no good to you in the grave...unless you have a family or someone you intend to leave it to...then maybe it would be considered worthwhile.