News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Personality Test

Started by MommaSquid, August 03, 2006, 12:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MommaSquid

I saw this link while wandering around the Atheist Coalition forum and thought some of you might enjoy it.

What Am I Like?

MommaSquid

My results:

QuoteYour answers suggest you are a Realist

The four aspects that make up this personality type are:

•   Loyal and steady workers who meet deadlines
•   Believe in established rules and respect facts
•   Think of themselves as mature, stable and conscientious
•   May appear too logical or tough-minded and forget their impact on other people

More about Realists
Realists are loyal to the people around them and work hard to keep their promises. They are honest and straightforward with others and expect the same in return. Realists believe in standard procedures and will only support change when there is a demonstrable benefit.
Realists respect factual information, which they store up to use when making decisions. This group likes to have time to think quietly and carefully before taking action.
These extremely productive people like to be occupied in their leisure time with pursuits such as craftwork, hiking or reading.
In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Realists may become obsessed with schedules, critical of others or have trouble trusting other people to get the job done properly. Under extreme stress, Realists may complain loudly that events have taken a turn for the worse and predict negative outcomes.

Squid

Been lurking have we? ;)

MikeyV

QuoteResults
Your answers suggest you are a Strategist
The four aspects that make up this personality type are:

Summary of Strategists
Quiet, easy-going and intellectually curious
Use logical, objective thinking to find original solutions to problems
Think of themselves as bright, logical and individualistic
May be impractical, forgetting practical issues, such as paying bills or doing the shopping

More about Strategists
Strategists are quiet people who like to get to the heart of tough problems on their own and come up with innovative solutions. They analyse situations with a sceptical eye and develop ways of measuring everything, including themselves.

Strategists are generally easy-going. They are intellectually curious and enjoy abstract ideas. Sometimes they like thinking of a solution to a problem more than taking practical steps to solve it.

In situations where they can't use their talents, are unappreciated, or not taken seriously, Strategists may become negatively critical or sarcastic. Under extreme stress, Strategists could be prone to inappropriate, tearful or angry outbursts.

Strategists may be insensitive to the emotional needs of others or how their behaviour impacts the people around them.

I like this part...

QuoteStrategists are the group most likely to say they are unhappy in their job, according to a UK survey.

I've pretty much been unhappy with every job I've ever had.
Life in Lubbock, Texas taught me two things. One is that God loves
you and you're going to burn in hell. The other is that sex is the
most awful, dirty thing on the face of the earth and you should save
it for someone you love.

-- Butch Hancock.

Whitney

I'm a resolver.

QuoteSummary of Resolvers

* Good at getting to the heart of a problem and quickly finding a solution
    * Make rational decisions using the facts available
    * Think of themselves as understanding, stable and easy-going
    * May focus on short-term results and lose sight of the big picture

More about Resolvers

Resolvers are independent people who quietly learn how things work by analysing large amounts of information. Should a problem arise, they solve it with as little fuss as possible. Resolvers are only interested in abstract ideas, if they can be used to solve a problem quickly.

Resolvers like to take risks: Many of them seek jobs and pastimes that put them in harms way and guarantee an adrenaline rush.

Resolvers have changed jobs most frequently since leaving full-time education, according to a UK survey.

Resolvers are often tolerant of behaviour different to their own as long as their values aren't compromised. They sometimes give the impression that they agree with other peoples' viewpoints because they don't actively disagree.

In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Resolvers may become cynical, negatively critical or put off decisions. Under extreme stress, Resolvers could be prone to inappropriate, tearful outbursts.

Resolvers are quiet and sometimes it is difficult to get to know them; however, they often talk freely about subjects they understand well.
Resolver Careers

Resolvers are often drawn to hands-on jobs that require an analytical mind and careful organisation of large amounts of data.

This part was dead on
QuoteUnder extreme stress, Resolvers could be prone to inappropriate, tearful outbursts.

I've had to work really hard to not do that.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "mikeyv"Strategists are the group most likely to say they are unhappy in their job, according to a UK survey.

I've pretty much been unhappy with every job I've ever had.

Me, too.     ;)[/quote]

Hey, at least I gave you your props!

(lurk, lurk)

Squid

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Hey, at least I gave you your props!

(lurk, lurk)

Yes you did...gracias.

Asmodean Prime

According to the test, I am a realist

...But in my opinion this excercise was designed and implemented by the evil atheist/satanic global conspiracy to gain control over every aspect of my life through these insidious probings

But I will not be bowed!  Do you hear?

Court

Um, I must have done something wrong. It says I'm a nurturer. I'm taking it again...
Damn it, now it says I'm a counsellor, along with this:
Counsellors are least likely to describe themselves as atheists, according to a UK survey. and this:
Counsellors are often drawn to jobs where they can help people develop emotionally, intellectually or spiritually and where they can use their imagination.
Does anyone know why I want to teach college? Pretty much not for the reason above. :) I just want to stay in school for the rest of my life and deal with the subject matter. Completely selfish reasons, let me assure you.

Okay, I hate personality tests. They're never right.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Aullios

I got resolver as well.. .I think it's pretty accurate.

I don't do the tearful outburst thing like Laetus though :P

Whitney

lol court...maybe you are denying your true self.

Ya, these tests aren't entirely accurate and sometimes way off (with women, hormone difference at various times of the month probably change the results too) When I took one of those career placement tests in high school, it said I should be a social worker; ya right .  I discussed it with my science teacher and she said a similar test told her she should be a nun.  These tests are amusing, but not something to take seriously.

Court

Under extreme stress, Resolvers could be prone to inappropriate, tearful outbursts.

I totally do that all the time.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

Mastermind

Visionaries who put energy into achieving their goals
Prefer to work independently and dislike inefficiency
Think of themselves as logical, thorough, and bright
Values practicality and common sense above ideas and theories

~Jonathan~

I came out as a Supervisor

Summary of Supervisors

Bring order to their home and work life
Like to act on clear, achievable goals
Think of themselves as stable, practical and sociable
May be irritated when people don't follow procedures

silviakjell

Ahhh, this test. I remember taking it when I was surfing the BBC science section of the site for Science Olympiad. I was a Realist before, and I am again.
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.