News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 25, 2017, 02:33:06 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 25, 2017, 01:12:44 AM
I don't know if Daenerys has the temperament to be a good ruler, is she too much like her mad father? All that inbreeding, you know...Maybe, maybe not. We shall see.

As for Jon, after seeing him in the Battle of the Bastards (when Rickon was killed by Ramsay), I don't think he has military skills necessary to be a warrior king.

Cersei Lannister is just plain nuts, I don't think she stands a chance.

My prediction: Daenarys will win the Iron Throne and allow Jon to be King in the North.

Cersei is the Donald of Westeros.  Jon and Dany will both need more seasoned people to guide them.  Fingers are crossed (ahem) that Davos enters the picture somewhere.  Maybe he could be the Northern Hand while Tyrion is the Southern Hand?

Yes, Davos and Tyrion are apt choices. :grin:

In the trailer (at 1:20) that could be Jorah "Friendzoned" Mormont's arm and hand, covered in grayscale. Maybe he ended up finding a cure and will go back to Dany? While he is a bit of a creep he has redeeming qualities. Probably a better bodyguard than advisor, though.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 25, 2017, 03:03:27 AM

In the trailer (at 1:20) that could be Jorah "Friendzoned" Mormont's arm and hand, covered in grayscale. Maybe he ended up finding a cure and will go back to Dany? While he is a bit of a creep he has redeeming qualities. Probably a better bodyguard than advisor, though.

I didn't notice that -- I'm going to have to re-watch.  I hope Jorah makes it to the end, I do like him tho he's definitely guard rather than politician material.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Popcorn's been ready for a month, but now it's getting cold. :popcorn:

I need my GoT fix! :sad sigh:

xSilverPhinx

Trailer #2 is here, in case anyone missed it. :grin:

Sandra Craft

Looking forward to finding out how Arya got her horse, and am I mad or did I see the Hound in that one?
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 26, 2017, 12:49:21 AM
Looking forward to finding out how Arya got her horse, and am I mad or did I see the Hound in that one?

I'm guessing she probably had to steal it or something. I'm curious to know what she's looking at in that scene, could it be Winterfell? :notsure:

The Hound really does appear in this trailer (0:59).

xSilverPhinx

So what are your predictions for the season finale? Who wins the war and gets to sit on the Iron Throne?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 26, 2017, 12:55:33 AM
So what are your predictions for the season finale? Who wins the war and gets to sit on the Iron Throne?

Well, GRRM has promised that in the books everyone will be dead at the end but I don't know if the series people will go with that or not.  Personally, I don't see how Dani can possibly lose with those dragons.  She may not be ready to rule, but with Tyrion as her Hand, and possibly Jon as co-ruler in the North with Davos as his Hand, that won't matter too much.

What I'd really like to see is Jaime dumping his maliciously nitwit sister and taking up with Brienne.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 26, 2017, 05:24:23 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 26, 2017, 12:55:33 AM

Well, GRRM has promised that in the books everyone will be dead at the end but I don't know if the series people will go with that or not.  Personally, I don't see how Dani can possibly lose with those dragons.  She may not be ready to rule, but with Tyrion as her Hand, and possibly Jon as co-ruler in the North with Davos as his Hand, that won't matter too much.

:notsure: Does that mean that the undead White Walkers win and take over Westeros' while factions are fighting each other? :grin: I'm beginning to hope so!

QuoteWhat I'd really like to see is Jaime dumping his maliciously nitwit sister and taking up with Brienne.

Yeah, me too.

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 26, 2017, 01:49:16 PM

:notsure: Does that mean that the undead White Walkers win and take over Westeros' while factions are fighting each other? :grin: I'm beginning to hope so!

Ditto.  Aren't the White Walkers supposed to be the original inhabitants of Westeros, or at least one of them?
Sandy

Claireliontamer

Is this the last season?  I thought there was going to be another after this.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 26, 2017, 06:36:45 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 26, 2017, 01:49:16 PM

Ditto.  Aren't the White Walkers supposed to be the original inhabitants of Westeros, or at least one of them?

No, if you remember in the 5th episode of last season the One-Eyed Raven shows Bran how the White Walkers were created by the Children of the Forest, who were one of the original inhabitants of Westeros, along with the Stark ancestors - the First Men - if my memory is correct:

When the Andals started to invade the Children of the Forest found their domains shrinking and so decided to create the White Walkers in order to eliminate the threat.

Sandra Craft

I remember season 5 no better than I remember yesterday.  I think I ate Wheaties yesterday.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Claireliontamer on June 26, 2017, 07:00:22 PM
Is this the last season?  I thought there was going to be another after this.

There's going to be a season 8, but consisting of only 6 episodes.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Season_8

Though I think this is great, the part of me obsessed with patterns wishes that it would finish in just seven seasons, due to the significance of the number seven throughout GoT: The Seven gods, the Seven Kingdoms, the seven Starks (not counting Jon) etc.