News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

That's a wheel loader. You can make decent money as an operator. The turning radius sucks but you can do a lot of work with them. I find it odd that you have to be licensed. Over here they just throw you in the can to figure it out for yourself!

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2018, 06:28:06 PM
That's a wheel loader. You can make decent money as an operator. The turning radius sucks but you can do a lot of work with them. I find it odd that you have to be licensed. Over here they just throw you in the can to figure it out for yourself!

Even for possibly driving it on public roads? I enjoyed my forklift course and really wanted to do the JCB back-hoe digger course but could not persuade them. Don't do much digging in an instrumentation factory.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

The first time I drove a piece of heavy equipment on the road I was fourteen. All legal too. Knew a guy years ago who flipped a road grader into an active lane of traffic during his first day on the job. And he was working for the state.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Guardian85

Quote from: jumbojak on May 02, 2018, 06:46:25 PM
The first time I drove a piece of heavy equipment on the road I was fourteen. All legal too. Knew a guy years ago who flipped a road grader into an active lane of traffic during his first day on the job. And he was working for the state.
and that right there is why we do licences.  :P

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

It's great when you come home after a long day and realise you can relax procrastinate for a few hours.  :hammock: Or sleep. Sleep is good. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

I often attempt to procrastinate, I just never get around to it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on May 03, 2018, 02:04:40 AM
I often attempt to procrastinate, I just never get around to it.

It's a skill that takes time. ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Project4Two

Despite the fact I arrived at work (which is enough to ruin any day) I am cheerful because I woke up, I'm alive, I get to see my dog when I get home from work and my copy of Skyrim for Switch showed up at my UPS box. So ill call it a win. Even with what I know will be a chaotic, crazy, stressful Monday at work.

Arturo

Quote from: Project4Two on May 07, 2018, 07:12:41 PM
Despite the fact I arrived at work (which is enough to ruin any day) I am cheerful because I woke up, I'm alive, I get to see my dog when I get home from work and my copy of Skyrim for Switch showed up at my UPS box. So ill call it a win. Even with what I know will be a chaotic, crazy, stressful Monday at work.

That is a nice dog by the way. What breed is it?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Project4Two

Quote from: Arturo on May 07, 2018, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: Project4Two on May 07, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

That is a nice dog by the way. What breed is it?

Thank you! Lab, boxer and pit. As far as I can tell. I'd love to get one of those DNA tests to find out. I've always been curious.

Guardian85

So, it looks like I went and got me another licence!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 09, 2018, 06:23:03 PM

Where is that :green envy: icon?

jumbojak

What make is that loader? Thing looks just about brand new.

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on May 09, 2018, 06:23:03 PM

Excellent!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on May 09, 2018, 07:01:26 PM
What make is that loader? Thing looks just about brand new.

Perhaps it is a trainer only, never been out there in the real world. No, hang on, those usually have more scratches and dings.