News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Happy Catholic Music

Started by SisterAgatha, September 26, 2017, 03:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

I know you people seem sort of down on the Catholic Church, and think it is all doom and gloom,

Well here is a little song from the hit movie "Sister Act" to raise your spirits and maybe even like the church a little better!

1.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWUp6ElRayE

Dragonia

*smile on my face*, those were cute movies back when they came out. But, alas, .... no. That song doesn't make me like the Catholic church.
It's a movie. It's fake. I could show you a million other REAL things that are the reasons I don't like the Catholic church.
I disagree with all religion, but I truly detest the institution of the Catholic Church. And of course this forum is not enough space to voice all the reasons why.
It doesn't mean I can't like you as a person, just that your "husband" is an asshole.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Magdalena

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 03:18:02 PM
I know you people ...

Well here is a little song from the hit movie "Sister Act" to raise your spirits and maybe even like the church a little better!

1.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWUp6ElRayE

No.
I come here to get away from that shit.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

SisterAgatha

Quote from: Dragonia on September 26, 2017, 03:40:14 PM
*smile on my face*, those were cute movies back when they came out. But, alas, .... no. That song doesn't make me like the Catholic church.
It's a movie. It's fake. I could show you a million other REAL things that are the reasons I don't like the Catholic church.
I disagree with all religion, but I truly detest the institution of the Catholic Church. And of course this forum is not enough space to voice all the reasons why.
It doesn't mean I can't like you as a person, just that your "husband" is an asshole.

LOL I can't make you like the Church just through a little clip, but it was just a warm and fuzzy thing that I wanted to share.

Funny you mention the "husband" bit. Your talking about Jesus?

Sometimes people ask me about the celibacy thing, and ask if I did not wish I found a nice young man to marry instead. I honestly think Jesus is all the man I need  ;)!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: SisterAgatha on September 26, 2017, 05:23:42 PM
Sometimes people ask me about the celibacy thing, and ask if I did not wish I found a nice young man to marry instead. I honestly think Jesus is all the man I need  ;)!

Do you really think he's always watching?
And do really think he'd mind watching?
It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide, I
Don't have much money but boy, if I did
I'd endow a church where we both could hide
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dragonia

I hope you don't mind! I hope you don't mind,
That I put down in words
how wonderful it is that you won't reproduce!  :violin:

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dragonia on October 04, 2017, 02:18:44 PM
That I put down in words

Don't mind her Agatha
Disapproval of the wrong,
it just means we are right.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on October 04, 2017, 02:18:44 PM
That I put down in words
This is funny.  ;D

This comment got me thinking...about reproduction.  :notsure:

One time I was walking down the street and I saw a man, he was very hippie looking  :far out: and he was holding a sign that said: "Could you please give me some money so that I can buy condoms so that I won't reproduce myself." The guy had so much money in his cup!  :lol:
>:(

I also know a woman who had to have a hysterectomy--that's the removal of her uterus. She said a co-worker said something that made her laugh, a lot: "So...you're getting a hysterectomy? That's not so bad, you're removing the crib, but you'll still have the playpen."
:snicker:

Anyways...

The church should allow nuns to reproduce if they want to, who knows, maybe her kid will grow up to be a wonderful atheist.  :shrug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dragonia

^^^HA, those are funny stories!
And yes, I agree that the Catholic church should abolish the celibacy requirement. I think the freedom to express one's sexuality might circumvent some abuse of children. (All kinds of abuse, not just sexual.)

Magdalena

Quote from: Dragonia on October 05, 2017, 12:49:32 AM
And yes, I agree that the Catholic church should abolish the celibacy requirement. I think the freedom to express one's sexuality might circumvent some abuse of children. (All kinds of abuse, not just sexual.)
Why is it that they're not allowed to reproduce, or get married? Must be a money thing.  :notsure:
I doubt it has anything to do with loving god.  :smileshake:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2017, 01:32:00 AM
Why is it that they're not allowed to reproduce, or get married? Must be a money thing.  :notsure:

I think you're right, it's always about money and possessions.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 05, 2017, 01:33:14 AM

Not very "spiritual," is it? It's a business. Can't people see this?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on October 05, 2017, 01:36:20 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 05, 2017, 01:33:14 AM

Not very "spiritual," is it? It's a business. Can't people see this?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Isn't Little Boy Blue, the happiest of happy Catholic music.

Magdalena

I know you people seem sort of down on the Catholic Church, and think it is all doom and gloom,
No, the Catholic Church is not doom and gloom, it's more "bling-bling."

Vatican Inc.: 5 facts about the business of the Catholic Church
http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/24/news/pope-francis-visit-vatican-catholic-church/index.html

QuoteHere's how it makes money and how it spends it.

1. The Vatican Bank has $8 billion in assets
The Vatican Bank, which has about $8 billion in assets, has often been at the center of scandal and corruption since it was founded in 1942. Pope Benedict began the process of cleaning the bank up, and Francis has continued that work.

Vatican Bank accounts are only supposed to be held by residents of Vatican City and church personnel. But according to Gerald Posner, a Vatican bank scholar and the author of "God's Bankers," these accounts were often awarded to powerful Italian officials looking to stash money without paying taxes...

2. The Vatican had over €1.1 billion off its balance sheet
The Vatican is a separate entity from the Vatican bank, and underwent its own clean up last year.

When it released its 2014 financial statements in July, the Vatican said it had more than €1.1 billion ($1.2 billion) in assets that weren't previously on the balance sheet...

3. The Sistine Chapel is for rent - kind of
In October 2014, the Sistine Chapel was rented out for the first time to the automaker Porsche.

Forty Porsche fans paid $5,900 to attend a gala under Michelangelo's famed painted ceiling as part of Pope Francis' Art for Charity project.

Whereas the average visitor is permitted only a short stay in the chapel, for fear of damage to the frescoes, the Porsche guests were treated to a private choral concert and a dinner in the exhibit...

4. It costs how much to become a saint?!
It's not cheap to get a priest canonized. To wit: The Our Lady of Victory National Shrine & Basilica in Lackawanna, New York, has raised over $250,000 in an effort to canonize its former priest, Father Nelson Baker.

The funds cover the publication of materials about Baker, prayer cards, communication between the church and the Vatican, travel costs for visits to and from Rome and the fees of a canon lawyer.

The cost of canonization can vary greatly depending on the length of the process and the specific evidence needed to prove that a candidate is qualified for sainthood...

5. Tourism in Vatican City has tripled under Pope Francis
Tourism under Pope Francis has nearly tripled since he replaced Pope Benedict in March of 2013.

Over 12 million visitors have flocked to the Vatican for events featuring Pope Francis. And those figures don't even include the attendance for Pope Francis events that were held outside of the Vatican -- that tacks on another nearly 13 million visitors.

Pope Benedict received some 20.5 million visitors during his tenure from 2005-2013.

You poor, poor people.
You people suffer so much.  :headshake:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.