Main Menu

Upcoming movies that have you psyched!

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 29, 2018, 02:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 14, 2019, 01:10:44 PM

I read a lot of hate about disney remaking their movies into Live action, but personally I enjoy those. Lion king is one I;m p articulately awaiting for.  It was my fav. movie when I was a kid.
This also has me excited     

This is my fav. version of godzilla (come at me japanophiles :P) and I;m glad he's a "good" guy
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Recusant

Happy to see you posting here, MariaEvri:wave hi:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Yes MariaEvri, I also saw that the live action adaptation are getting lots of hate, but as far as those movies are concerned, if people feel it destroys their childhood they just shouldn't watch it and leave the rest of us alone to see it in peace. :P

The Lion King was by far my favourite animation when I was a kid as well and it seems like this new adaptation is not only for those of us who like that sort of thing but also for a new generation. 

MariaEvri

Quoteit seems like this new adaptation is not only for those of us who like that sort of thing but also for a new generation.
I feel it's a way to introduce the classics to the newer kids
www.poseidonsimons.com

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MariaEvri on May 03, 2019, 06:10:19 AM
Quoteit seems like this new adaptation is not only for those of us who like that sort of thing but also for a new generation.

:thumbsup:

Davin

Quote from: MariaEvri on May 03, 2019, 06:10:19 AM
Also, the classics still exist if people prefer them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

MariaEvri

ah yes it's not like they magically burn to ashes when the newer versions come out
www.poseidonsimons.com

joeactor

xSilverPhinx

Watched 'The Lion King' last night and enjoyed it very much. Definitely brought back all those memories of my childhood when I must have watched the cartoon version about 7 or 8 times in the movie theater.

Very impressed with just how far animation has gone in recent years and I really hope hyper-realism really becomes a thing in years to come.

(I would recommend watching this film in 3D)

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

I heard that the new Lion King was really good.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 20, 2019, 09:38:19 PM

The photorealism was impressive. As for really good, depends on what your expectations for the story/plot are.

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 20, 2019, 09:47:59 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 20, 2019, 09:38:19 PM

The photorealism was impressive. As for really good, depends on what your expectations for the story/plot are.

It was almost exactly the same as the original. I blame loud annoying people who complain if anything in a remake/redux/re-whatever, was different from their precious childhood versions.

It was as good as the original, and the CGI was very impressive.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.