News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Politics and Morality Forum

Started by LegendarySandwich, February 11, 2011, 03:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LegendarySandwich

I propose that we create a politics and/or morality forum, either as a whole new forum or as a sub-section of the philosophy forum.

The Magic Pudding

Politics usually fits under existing headings well enough for me, and as an atheist I have no morality.
Thank you spell checker for helping me spell that strange word.

Will

Interesting idea, though we'd need to rename current subforums. Morality fits neatly into Philosophy and most Politics stuff fits in Current Events. I think we'd need to change those existing subforums, sorting out one thread at a time, into whatever we change.

I'm going to think about this a bit.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Will"I'm going to think about this a bit.
Thanks for considering my idea  :D

Tank

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"I propose that we create a politics and/or morality forum, either as a whole new forum or as a sub-section of the philosophy forum.
Why? Interested in what you think the forum would gain by doing this?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"I propose that we create a politics and/or morality forum, either as a whole new forum or as a sub-section of the philosophy forum.
I just think the threads would be better organized and it'd be easier to find topics of interest. Isn't that the purpose of having the separation of forums?

Tank

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"
Quote from: "Tank"
I just think the threads would be better organized and it'd be easier to find topics of interest. Isn't that the purpose of having the separation of forums?
I suspected that was the case. I was just wondering if there was some deeper reason that's all.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

terranus

Quoteand as an atheist I have no morality.

Agreed. Neither do I. Instead of a "Morality" thread, I suggest we create an "Amorality" thread. Seems more objective.
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

Whitney

We could make ethics a subforum of philosophy.

I think Politics could stand alone as a new main forum under the General Category.  It could go under current events but politics is not always related to discussing an event, often it's a discussion of the issues related to general ideas.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Whitney"We could make ethics a subforum of philosophy.

I think Politics could stand alone as a new main forum under the General Category.  It could go under current events but politics is not always related to discussing an event, often it's a discussion of the issues related to general ideas.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

LegendarySandwich

Thanks, Whitney :D

So, are you going to move some of the topics, or are we going to have to create new threads in the new forums?

Whitney

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"Thanks, Whitney :D

So, are you going to move some of the topics, or are we going to have to create new threads in the new forums?

I'm moving them as I find them.

LegendarySandwich

Quote from: "Whitney"I'm moving them as I find them.
Ah, okay. I already recreated my politics poll thread because I thought it would be easier, and there were a few changes I wanted to make.

Whitney

Quote from: "LegendarySandwich"
Quote from: "Whitney"I'm moving them as I find them.
Ah, okay. I already recreated my politics poll thread because I thought it would be easier, and there were a few changes I wanted to make.
[strike:3ewki5jx]I'll merge them to keep things together.[/strike:3ewki5jx]
I'll lock the old one.