News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Semi-intelligent design

Started by Thinkbigger, March 14, 2011, 08:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thinkbigger

If the earth itself was created by intelligent design, then the designer certainly was no engineer. Just ask a Japanese earthquake/tsunami/radiation sickness victim.

The faithful may shrug off the question of why a perfect God wasn't able to design a perfect world, but the question remains.

On a personal note: I love my Christian family, friends and neighbors but critical thinking either eludes them entirely or doesn't serve/suit them well for one reason or another.

But I still love them!  :raised:
LegendarySandwich wrote;
Just because everyone's not like you doesn't mean they have fucking mental problems.
fester30 wrote;
Tell her you don't want a relationship, either, just some boot-knocking. Just don't use the word boot-knocking, or you won't get to.
JuggernautJon wrote; They're ignorant when it com

The Magic Pudding

If I was godlike but not eternal I might decide to create a world if I got bored, a place where life would develop and spread after I die of boredom.  It is arguable that adversity is required to develop the ability to advance.  A comfortable middle class life allows some people to ponder and answer the big questions, but that's probably just a redirection of hard earned animal abilities.

fester30

I'm not sure I buy that argument.  I know I'm not perfect, but every time I make a city in Sim City, as much as I try to resist the temptation, I just can't stop myself from initiating several natural distasters at one time just for the fun of it.

Thinkbigger

Quote from: "fester30"I'm not sure I buy that argument.  I know I'm not perfect, but every time I make a city in Sim City, as much as I try to resist the temptation, I just can't stop myself from initiating several natural distasters at one time just for the fun of it.

Oh. So it's a malevolent God then. They say we were created in his image so perhaps he is, as you and I are, mischievous and impulsive. Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do?
LegendarySandwich wrote;
Just because everyone's not like you doesn't mean they have fucking mental problems.
fester30 wrote;
Tell her you don't want a relationship, either, just some boot-knocking. Just don't use the word boot-knocking, or you won't get to.
JuggernautJon wrote; They're ignorant when it com